ad: MyersEng-1

The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4FDT, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This does happen often because the manufacturer decides to make a change after the fact.

In the instance of this specific product, I have actually had one in my hands for 7-8 months. I was asked to test it but not make a video on it, so I did as requested. I was happy to be a beta-tester for them and they did, in fact, make several improvements to the unit over the sample model I had. I received some updated parts to go along with my sample unit so that it would be like the production model, so in my opinion, Buddipole was conscious of this situation and handled it correctly.

W4FDT and UT7UX like this.
  2. KC5HWB

That is a statement about the product, not the review video.

Try again

3. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't get free rides my friend I paid $275 for a piece of kit. This antenna is not designed to get on 80m. It is a portable 40-6m compact antenna. Let me say this again for those in the back. This antenna is not designed to be on 80m as it is packaged. If you want to get on 80m by modifying the manufactures packaging of course it will cost you more.

W4FDT and KC5HWB like this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

It was about buddipole at large. They are a great company. Not going to go digging to satisfy you hair splitting but in memory OH8STN and KM4ACK have gotten positives from me before several times. That yours suck has nothing to do with your question.

5. N1IPU

Or go with the one whose price I quoted earlier that you threw a fit over.

6. KC5HWB

Mine suck, but you don't watch my channel. Good job, and congrats on being a hypocrite.

This is why I don't like arguing with people online, you can't even agree with yourself. My statement stands, and I am done in this conversation because it has nothing to do with the original thread.

K5QBF likes this.
  7. K5QBF

I don't see me throwing a fit anywhere. You decided to come in like a wrecking ball with a totally different antenna. Stay on topic, it will save us all some headache.

W4FDT and KC5HWB like this.
  8. N1IPU

My topic on this was 80m from the start. The prices you quoted are not this new one. So who is really off topic between the two of us? I was comparing what I run while you were misleading because the price has not been published yet.

9. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMO this particular thread may impact retail price whatever this sounds stupid. Let's see. :rolleyes:

K5QBF and N1IPU like this.
  10. N1IPU

No hypocrisy. The youtubers I actually follow get comments in affirmation and thumbs up regularly. Sadly most post here rarely if at all. They also get comments in the negative at times depending. That's how such intercourse works in the real world.

I don't pay a lot of attention to influencers though so I can understand how that upsets you. If you want unicorns your in the wrong place.

N3FAA likes this.
  11. K5QBF

The topic of this thread is the Buddistick Pro. Your first post on this thread was referencing a totally different product. The prices I quoted are for the BuddiStick Pro. The prices you quoted were for the Deluxe Buddipole long version (A portable dipole antenna).

Thread title:

The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  12. N1IPU

The old budistick pro was the prices you quoted or are they the actual price of the one in the vid?

I did explain from the start I was interested in having 80 meters. Is there a problem with that? If so can you spell out the restrictions in posting here?

13. KC5HWB

Nope, not upset. Also I've never called myself an Influencer, that is your word.

And my channel is larger than those you mentioned, has shown exponential growth over the last 3-4 years, and gets many, many more positive comments than negative ones. This is how intercourse works in the world outside of QRZ, which, sadly, is supposed to be a place only for Hams, and yet it is also the most negative place I've ever shared my videos to.

What potentially is upsetting is the way we Hams treat each other on this Ham-only forum. I get much more positive interaction and comments on YouTube than I do here. That doesn't bode well for trying to get new folks into the hobby.

14. N1IPU

Make perfect sense to me. Using QRZ repeatedly as a way to increase your channel might offend many. Those on you tube are looking for your content while here we are not. At least some of us. Of those I follow on youtube I found them on youtube.
    The majority don't post here at all. Generally someone in the forums will post a link to something I am interested in and if its presented well and is unpretentious I will follow them going forward.

N3FAA likes this.
  15. K5QBF

There is no old buddistick PRO. There is a buddistick, but the PRO is totally new. The prices I quoted you are the most up to date pricing I have on what is covered in the video. Your first post was you could do a lot more for less including 80. However, you had no idea what the pricing was nor did you even ask if this could do 80. Next time just ask, hey can I do 80 with this, or Do you know what the pricing will be.

"Cost is a turn off for me. I am sure its great and their customer service was exceptional when I needed them but I can do more for a lot less including 80."

KC5HWB and W4FDT like this.