The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4FDT, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yup, as the owner of an American electronics manufacturing company, it is virtually impossible for a small or midsized company to ship to "Fortress Europe" because of all the import rules and regulations and tariffs. Our company has basically given up on trying after several decades, so our products aren't commonly seen there, but we have to fight toe to toe with European companies for competing products. I'd say more, but that would be more along the lines of politics, but you are spot on with what you said.

KA4VNM and UT7UX like this.
  2. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

This is pretty popular business. Take standard Chinese product, make some (if any, except the badge) aesthetic (including software where applicable) corrections, and you're designer of an original product that is designed in your particular country and assembled in China. In fact the product remains 100% Chinese and designing company remains just an importer whatever one says. Browse Amazon and see tons of similar products under different trademarks from different sellers. Sure such giant companies like Apple really have their own design however in fact they support the money to leak from USA to China. And that leakage is huge. Where is the logic? All the world, not only Americans pays the money to 'American', 'European', and so on companies for (in)direct support of China and (in)direct destruction of own industry, and then blames China's growth?

AJ6KZ and W3PX like this.
  3. W4FDT

W4FDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

the one thing about buddipole, a majority of their product is made and assembled right here in the USA.

K5QBF and UT7UX like this.
  4. W4FDT

Im glad you have a kit that works for you, the buddipole line of products are made to be built upon and modified to the users standards. I have a ton of extra antenna arms and long whips to experiment with when I build my antenna for activations or just portable use. The idea with the new hub and tripod legs is to get the feedpoint up in the air more which allows for lower take off angle. Thank you for your comment and showing that these antennas can be modified a ton of ways!

K5QBF likes this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

As of this morning I cannot find the price but Sunday I found it and it was over $500.00 That's a lot for a portable antenna that will get bashed hard in the field. Not saying it isn't worth every penny but Considering what one can do with wire and paracord it's not worth it to me. Of course if you operate on the beach or granite tops it becomes a different story. My self I run WRC coils and collapsible whips for a quarter of the price. Maybe they handle more power but not seeing that here. With the WRC I runn 100 SSB and 25 digital all day.

6. W4FDT

it is also made with threads for a camera type tripod if thats what you would rather do.. you do not have to purchase the kit with the tripod legs. They are just an offering for those who do not or would not rather carry an extra piece of equipment.

7. W4FDT

that price is not correct. For the most accurate price, Id call or email Buddipole at info@buddipole.com

8. N1IPU

Sorry but blanket statements are just that. I saw $549.00 before the site updated.

UT7UX likes this.
  9. W4FDT

this price is not accurate. The last I heard the price for the deluxe version was around half that... You might want to contact buddipole at info@buddipole.com for an accurate price.

10. N1IPU

Dude, Don't be a silly defender. Earlier in the thread I was saying how their customer service was the best. The long version kit is $495. Are they throwing in the tripod for free?