ad: AbAuRe-1

The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4FDT, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just as anyone can make a YouTube video and present it to the world, anyone can watch and comment on it. Critical review isn't necessarily jaundiced negativity.

WD8OYG, N1IPU and N3FAA like this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed true. I wish you and the others would practice this method.
    Critical review and constructive feedback don't require personal jabs, insults and an overall method of calling the reviewer a liar (such as saying it is a biased review just because they may have received the item at no charge, borrowed or gifted)

N7KO and K5QBF like this.
  3. WN1MB

Nice jab.

The prevailing tenor of a review is often reflective of the tenor of the reviewed presentation. Deal with it.

WD8OYG, N1IPU and N3FAA like this.
  4. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Even here in the US it is difficult finding a product that is made in USA, you got to spend time searching.
    I actually do not own a Ipad, iphone, macbook, but I am sure the cell phone I have is made in Chi##. TU for trying to buy US products, we do not have any vehicle's that are made in the US since the late 80s. Assembled yes, but with parts made in Mexico, Brazil, Chi## and elsewhere.

Sad times for the US and some other countries. I also reload, but now powder, primers and lead is difficult to get, you can imagine why.

I think we have to many laws, but with that said, everything advertised should have in large print that shows' what country of origin it was made including all of its components.
    Hope to have a DX contact with you some day, I only use CW mode and as you know I like QRP
    72'

UT7UX likes this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I missed this because multiple responses said email buddipole for pricing. No matter your not even sure of the pricing. Still it doesn't do 80 and the one that does is 495. So for twice the price I can do 80. Have I got that right?

6. N1IPU

Of course a few few of these "influencers" have threatened to post more because of our complaints so that pretty much settles it. "If you don't agree with our opinions you will get more lashes."

Their the good guys you know.

N3FAA likes this.
  7. N1IPU

Like above.

8. WN1MB

Be careful what you wish for. My late father was in aerospace sales for a major U.S. bearing manufacturer. I forget the time frame, but do remember him lamenting how government regulations (read laws) had expanded to the point of his employer had to damn near be able to trace back, identify, and document the precise hole in the ground where raw ore was extracted.

At the time, Japanese bearing manufacturers were tough competition for us - both in product quality and price. Regarding the latter, consider this: the ore was US based, the steel US produced, the steel shipped to Japan where it was made into bearings. Then the bearings were shipped back across the Pacific. Think about those shipping expenses. Yet the Japanese were able to undercut the prices of American bearing manufacturers.

It is a crazy world!

N7KO likes this.
  9. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes the Dipole is twice the price because it is two Buddisticks. If you wanted to get the Buddistick Pro on 80 you would probably need their bigger coil ($75), longer whip ($20) and at least one more 11in piece ($20). You would also need to make sure you have a strong chole balun and about 66ft of counterpoise. So, $199 for the base kit and $115 for the add ons would get you there. I may be pretty narrow on 80. I paid $275 for my kit so I don't think he would sell them for less than what he charged me.

10. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

yes the kit as is will only be capable of running only a vertical configuration. They do have accessories you can purchase to allow you to get enough parts to make a dipole.

11. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately, ignoring the Youtubers here on the forum software doesn't remove their posts from the front page of QRZ. If it would, my day would be made.

KC3JH, WD8OYG, N1IPU and 1 other person like this.
  12. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

did you notice the hook I use for mine? Allows me to hang my extra parts etc while in the bag on the bottom using that tripod threaded part.. gives it some weight and like you said, you could attach a guy line to it also to give it some stability in heavy winds.. looks like you are taking advantage of that already.

KK4YDR likes this.
  13. WN1MB

80 meters? A couple hanks of wire, homebrew L-network tuner, mason line ... yep. 80 meters. No fancy carrying case or brand names to pitch, though.

Yeah, yeah. I know. "But what are you going to hang the wire from at the beach or on a barren summit, Jeff?"

Easy answers:

Beach? I'm too busy fishing, swimming, or taking in "the scenery" to be interested in operating a silly radio.

Barren summit? I'm far to preoccupied with catching my breath, let alone operate a silly radio.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    KC3JH and N3FAA like this.
  14. WN1MB

Hmmm. What's that expression - necessity is the mother of invention? With computerized AI identification by way of photo mapping, search, and comparison - much like common smartphone apps in use - it seems doable! ;)
    I want to see a test of how much weight you can hang from that to where the legs collapse or the fixture otherwise breaks. Now that would be a test.

N3FAA likes this.
  15. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be GREAT!!!