ad: elecraft

What happened to the "List" version of QRZ home page?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K7IN, Mar 13, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Makes it a lot HARDER to Read for
    Older folk….. if NO option for a list.
    All Jumbled together. 73’s

K8PG Paul

NK2U, AJ4LN and KD5BVX like this.
  2. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing Gold can stay...Robert Frost

NK2U, AJ4LN, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  3. N4HOK

N4HOK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bring back the list view!

NK2U, AJ4LN, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  4. KE0GB

KE0GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Jaime: All good and well, but there are more of us out here than I believe you realize. So please, Please, PLEASE bring back our
    beloved "list" view while we await with bated breath on the new rollout.
    73 - Rick
    KE0GB

NK2U, KD5BVX and AJ4LN like this.
  5. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sad to hear this.

6. NF6E

NF6E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

-- --

Jamie - I find it hard to believe that only 1% of the QRZ community used LIST view because they preferred the GRID view. I suspect that many were defaulting to GRID view because it WAS the default unless you switched from it (i.e. some users might not have been aware they were able to switch views) and that other users might not care about the home page because they jump directly to a forum upon log-in or use bookmarks in their browsers that point to other pages within the site to do what they want to do.

Suggestion: Directly survey the QRZ community to determine what your subscribers would prefer their home page to be and use that feedback to guide and direct your strategy. Make it a very simple survey, not a science experiment, and aim for a statistically significant sample so you have confidence the feedback is truly representative of your active user base.

Basing your UX/UI strategy on what appears to have been a single metric that revealed ~1% of the community wants something other than GRID view is unwise, especially for a small company that can't afford to invest in a bad decision. The last thing you want is for your paid users to abandon the site because what you believe your user base wants <> what they really want. (remember NEW COKE?)

Please understand that those of us offering this feedback enjoy the site and want it to be prosperous. We're not here to bash you. We're here because we care.

73 de Jason, NF6E/4

NK2U, KD5BVX, K8PG and 4 others like this.
  7. K4SAX

K4SAX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This describes me. I didn't know there was an option to change the view. I barely ever spent more than a few seconds on the home page because it was such a cluttered mess. I headed straight for the forums or logbook area. If I had known there was a list view, I absolutely would have taken advantage of that.

NK2U, AJ4LN, KD5BVX and 4 others like this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

A similar situation to the Zed/XenForo "Style Chooser" that should have been labeled as such and not "Default Style." Many of us, including me, were unaware of the Dark Shack mode until being tipped off by another user.
    Honest question: 1% of the Zed's total users or 1% of the Zed's active users?
    Bingo.

NK2U, AJ4LN, KD5BVX and 1 other person like this.
  9. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yogi Berra said, "It's like deja vu all over again ..."

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein.

The QRZ Home page redesign grid display issue came up in a similar way years ago and generated 43 pages of mostly negative comments.

Eventually recognition & sanity were restored as the LIST OPTION was created. Has it been in late stage "beta" all this time?

Meanwhile, viewing the News forum alone in its default list format also lacks the full content & sizzle of the former Home front page viewed in list format but IMO is OK if the new design is broadly reviewed & doesn't take forever to roll-out.

73, John, WØPV

NK2U, AJ4LN, WN1MB and 2 others like this.
  10. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. I think that most casual users would have left the display in the grid view. However, I would think that most "power users" would select the list view.

FWIW, I'm definately not a fan of the grid view. It's too much information presented in a relatively small area. However, at least for me, being relegated to the grid view isn't the end of the world. I never spend much time on that page anyway...

NK2U likes this.
  11. W8BE

W8BE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am part of the 1%. Hope to see something like it in the new upgrades

NK2U, AJ4LN and K8PG like this.
  12. KB8UUZ

KB8UUZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep - PLEASE bring back the List mode to reduce all the screen clutter.

NK2U, KD5BVX and AJ4LN like this.
  13. NK2U

NK2U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think we're in for a very long wait... Just say'n

de NK2U

14. NY4I

NY4I QRZ Lifetime Member #487 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'd add my voice to the obvious large cadre of List view users. The grid view is unusable. I have stopped using it since you changed. Please bring it back.

NK2U likes this.
  15. NY4I

NY4I QRZ Lifetime Member #487 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That forum link is usable. Thanks for the work-around. Bringing back the List view until you roll out the new QRZ would still make more sense. If you are rolling out a new version, why would you dedicate resources to even make the change to no longer support the option to select the List view. That seems contradictory. Thanks.

K4SAX likes this.