ad: chuckmartin

What happened to the "List" version of QRZ home page?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K7IN, Mar 13, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the club.

N0TZU, WJ1MK and NK2U like this.
  2. VE3XDB

VE3XDB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The change is unfortunate, as was the lack of communication. I am surprised that only 1% used the list view. It was a much cleaner presentation of the same material.

KB8UUZ, AJ4LN, WJ1MK and 5 others like this.
  3. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Grid SUCKS.
    LETS GET BACK TO THE LIST.

K8PG Paul

KB8UUZ, AJ4LN, WJ1MK and 3 others like this.
  4. KK4RXC

KK4RXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After thinking over my recent post, I have to admit that doing this ( creating a poll) will never work. If it was put on the QRZ Home page as it is now, nobody would ever see it. Was just a dumb idea. Never thought it through. 73

AJ4LN likes this.
  5. NK2U

NK2U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same here! Where's my list view. The current QRZ page is a jumble of god knows what! Please bring back list view.

de NK2U

AJ4LN, WJ1MK and K8PG like this.
  6. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is horrible. The page is unviewable! Please bring it back.

de NK2U

AJ4LN likes this.
  7. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What he said.

de NK2U

AJ4LN likes this.
  8. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, it typical. NEVER ask the end users what they want. Make the change and to hell with 'em!

de NK2U

9. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Always follow the money.

de NK2U

10. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll reiterate here that we are in the process of rolling out a completely new version of QRZ. It's not imminent, as development takes time and our team is small, but we are no longer focusing resources on the present version of QRZ. The new QRZ homepage will look very different from the one you apparently hate, so that should be good news to you all. In the mean time, if you wish to link directly to a "list view" of the articles that are featured on the homepage, you can simply bookmark the Amateur Radio News forum to bypass the homepage completely. https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/amateur-radio-news.9/

Thanks for your patience and your ongoing support of the site! It truly means the world to us.
    Jaime

NZ4X and KD5BVX like this.
  11. K7IN

K7IN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

After reading the many comments on this subject, it appears quite obvious that the staff is way out of touch with most of their users. This seems like more of a knee-jerk decision than something that was thought out more than "we don't maintain the list view much" so, we should just eliminate it. Well, that is one of the most self-defeating comments I have read! If the list view didn't need maintenance, and the 'cluster' required a lot more, all you have done is make a lot of us very unhappy with this very unpopular decision. My last comment is that it won't matter what we have to say about it anyway, I am not very optimistic about "new and exciting" thing coming for the page at this point.

W0PV, WJ1MK, K4SAX and 2 others like this.
  12. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I missed that previously. That is good news. I think the comments here are indication enough that it will make many of us happy to have it cleaned up a bit.

NK2U likes this.
  13. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So why not let us have the List View back until the new QRZ is ready to go.

NY4I, KC8TMW, AJ4LN and 5 others like this.
  14. W3DDF

W3DDF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly!

AJ4LN, WJ1MK, KD5BVX and 2 others like this.
  15. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy answer: Oh LOOK! A squirrel!

K9TDW and K7IN like this.