ad: Schulman-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD8AGO

KD8AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

May God,s love be with kc8vkz and family at this time all our prayer,s are with you all. God Bless you 73,s kd8ago. defiance,ohio.

2. WA5VQM

WA5VQM Guest

CNN just mentioned that he was a ham.

Best wishes guy....

73, Mark - WA5VQM

3. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Condolences to the familys of the rest of the Miners, and a qsl card and a couple of bucks to his family..

You guys are making this old Ham proud, good job, a card and a couple of $$ and prayer, and perhaps life goes on just a bit better..

Keep up the warm and heart felt work..73 tom

4. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

It's broke 22,000 look-up's! Spread the word! Ham radio can be really great! Show your support if you have not already....mine went out this morning. This is better than logging new DX.

God speed Randal and family!

Dale K9TTT

5. AE6CQ

AE6CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great idea! I'm sending my QSL card with a check
    tomorrow.
    Hams help hams.
    73,Michael Martak
    AE6CQ

6. K9LV

K9LV Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great show of support for our fellow Ham and his family! My QSL and some cash goes in the mail in the morning.

Hey Fred, what is the highest number of lookups on QRZ for an Operator? Have we put Randy's over the top?

73 all, kb9vmw
    Tom Denton

7. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

sounds grrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. WB3DJL

WB3DJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I NEVER DREAMED THATTHIS WOULD SNOWBALL LIKE IT DID,BUT I ALSO DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEM THAT ITNHAS SEEMED TO CAUSED....IT HAS CREATED A PROBLEM FOR THE HOSPITAL WITH ALL THE MAIL THAT HAS GONE THERE.....IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED THAT ALL MAIL BE SENT TO HIS HOME ADDRESS....WHICH WOULD BE THE BETTER WAY TO MAKE SURE HE GETS IT.....SO GUYS and GALS ANY MORE MAIL SHOULD BE SENT TO RANDY'S HOME INSTEAD OF THE HOSPITAL.

GOD BLESS ALL THE CARING HAMS OUT THERE THAT HAVE RESPONDED.

22,425 LOOKUPS AS OF 7:30 THIS MORNING.

9. WB3DJL

WB3DJL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is from TV channel 6 in Beckley,WV.

McCloy condition remains the same

The doctors treating twenty-six-year-old Randal McCloy Junior, said this morning there has been no significant change in his condition. McCloy remains in critical condition with a fever.

Doctors at West Virginia University's Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown did not express any concern that McCloy has not fully awakened from a medically induced coma. Neurosurgeon Dr. Julian Bailes says it could be a lengthy process.

Dr. Bailes says they have no clear clue of the extent of his injury or the time of his recovery.

But The doctors do say a test of McCloy's brain activity showed a lot of activity on both sides of his brain. He says it's too early to tell what that means.

10. NZ6Q

NZ6Q Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great idea!

I sent my QSL Card and $$ today. First QSL Card I've sent in a couple of years. Now I'm looking at my HF antennas and getting them up this afternoon. Can't wait to get back on the air on HF.

I saw the news here in CA last night. How come no one at CNN/FOX/NBC is doing a story about this??

My card says, "God Bless you Randal and get on the air as soon as you wake up!"

John

11. HK4GSO

HK4GSO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good morning everybody. I want to send my QSL card to the miner.  I need the adress. I can´t send money because I have no money but i have my best wishes to him and his family from Colombia South America.
    Mauricio Londono

12. K9QJ

K9QJ Guest

Count me in ! $ Today! Pronto!

13. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

This response has to give you warm fuzzies.

Makes you forget what you were whining about yesterday.

News Media? Any body know how to get ahold of Walter? Bet he could get this story out.
    Dale K9TTT

14. N1AFV

N1AFV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have never seen anythinf like this national. I have sen hams come to the front locally but nothing like this. Makes me proud to be called a "Ham".

I sent a card yesterday and my club (W1PBR) is today.

Local news will have to cover this and pass it on to the national news. Hopefully the national news will air it. So the local Hams in WV get going if you all ready haven't. We are going to have to toot our own horns. Hope this will increase the fold.

N1AFV

15. ki4lsg

ki4lsg Ham Member QRZ Page

That is so cool that he is a ham!!!
    I hope he gets beter soon and grate Idea about the qsl cards.
    Ki4lsg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.