ad: QSLWorks-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N9TBS

N9TBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sending my QSL and a little $$ too! Great job guys!

[​IMG]

2. kd8ccd

kd8ccd Ham Member QRZ Page

the mailing address for kc8vkz is ruby memorail hospital p.o box 8059 morgantown wv 26506

3. KC0OZJ

KC0OZJ Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL card on the way with some $$$ also. I also sent the post link onto CNN, we'll see if they pick it up. [​IMG]

4. KE7FMF

KE7FMF Ham Member QRZ Page

It wouldn't surprise me, more and more people are becoming HAM's...but this is indeed amazing...

5. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

Whoa!! this is great...this is what we should be acting like!! Im proud of you guys. 7 pages into this thread and no one is being a putz....i knew there was still decency in our ranks.

This is a truly good cause, $1 from everyone and a card of support is a great idea. Things are a little slim right now around here, but a dollar is easily managed. I dont have any cards printed so ill just draw one up on an index card with colored pens like i did when i first started in radio many years ago. its easier to personalize it that way...give it a go, you would be surprised at what you can come up with.

Overall, im very pleased with the thread! :)

N7YA

6. K4KWM

K4KWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have added my card, a short letter from my wife and myself, and $20 to an envelope which I will mail tomorrow.

Send what you can guys. His bills arent going to stop coming and his family has to eat.

My hat is off to who ever got this started. This is ham radio at its finest. John K4KWM

7. WD5JLE

WD5JLE Ham Member QRZ Page

My QSL card and some money goes in the mail tomorrow! Also, I am going to put this idea on our club net. You guys are great and it makes me proud to be a part of such a great group.  [​IMG]

8. KC2GYU

KC2GYU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ill be sending one.

9. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not have a QSL Card but I will send card with call sign. My wife and I have followed his recovery story. Great Idea about the QSL card, keep up the thread, 73's. [​IMG]

10. KI4CBS

KI4CBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds good! I'm sending out some money and will continue to every now and then, so he will have a little even when the coverage dies down about the tragedy. Thanks, for looking into this. It sures makes me proud to be apart of such a considerate group of people. God bless you all, especially Randal! 73 everybody!

11. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

A most awesome post - mine will be in tomorrow's mail! I have already preped it to be sent.

12. WA2RCB

WA2RCB Ham Member QRZ Page

This has truly been a rough week for our ham radio fraternity. Our prayers and thoughts are with Randal, kC8VKZ and his family, as well as prayers of comfort and condolences going out to Art, W6OBB and his family on the untimely passing of his lovely wife Ramona.

13. WM4YD

WM4YD Ham Member QRZ Page

A brand spanking new QSL card and a small donation are enroute to his home QTH from myself and the family.

May he have a speedy recovery, and may God bless.

My prayers are with him all the way!

Jeff T.
    ARS K4SEF
    Pender County, NC ARES/RACES
    Assistant EC

Surf City Vol. FD
    Communications/Engineer

14. N4CQW

N4CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

My wife and I share the same card... we are both ham's... cool really!

But ours is going out in the mail today also!

[​IMG]

73 Moe and Lucy Brewer
    N4CQW / KE4RLK

15. N4CQW

N4CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

KC8VKZ USA Lookups: 20459
    Randal L McCloy, Jr
    PO BOX 223
    Philippi WV 26435
    USA

WOO hooo! I am # 20459! [​IMG]

Thanks guy's 73! Moe N4CQW