ad: Retevis-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4ESW

K4ESW Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be sending a QSL with best wishes and after a week or two will send some financial assistance.

2. KD4CXG

KD4CXG Ham Member QRZ Page

When Barry Goldwater died I sent the family a QSL card with a note on it. I got back a very nice thank you note of which I was not expecting. It was very nice.

Doug

www.kd4cxg.com

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is at least 2000 more lookups since last evening when I printed the address off.

4. KI0U

KI0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the address he has listed under his call the correct one for sure?

5. KG6PIR

KG6PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be sending my QSL card and some $$ today. I will be announcing this at the North Hills Radio Club meeting tonight.

my prayers are for him and his family.

KG6PIR - 73 john

6. NY7Q

NY7Q Guest

MY GET WELL AND GIFT IN THE MAIL.

7. M3KCK

M3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

My card has been sent,

It has not been a good start to the New Year for some of our Fellow Amateurs and my thoughts are with them and their families,

My thoughts are also with G4WDI who is now recovering after Life saving actions where taken by fellow Amateurs.
    (you can read about that here... http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=110449 )

The support some here on Qrz.com shows the true Spirit of Amateur Radio!
    Regards,
    Andrew M3KCK

8. n1oyz

n1oyz Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats the best Idea sending Randal QSL cards, Let us not forget that Coal Miners work hard for a living! I am sending my QSL card and Twenty dollars to the family as well! They will need all the help that they can use.
    Our love to Randal McCloy & Family and our thoughts to all of the Miners & their Familys as well GOD Bless ALL of You.
    N1OYZ and KB1DHF of Blue Hill Maine

9. n1oyz

n1oyz Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats the best Idea sending Randal QSL cards, Let us not forget that Coal Miners work hard for a living! I am sending my QSL card and Twenty dollars to the family as well! They will need all the help that they can use.
    Our love to Randal McCloy & Family and our thoughts to all of the Miners & their Familys as well GOD Bless ALL of You.
    N1OYZ and KB1DHF of Blue Hill Main

10. K3KEM

K3KEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just sent a QSL card and a check to Anna McCloy.
    K3KEM

11. AB8MA

If not, it will be.

12. KW8G

KW8G Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, All this is GREAT!!!! This is what Ham radio is all about. Im sending a donation and a qsl from all 3 of my daughters and myself! 73 to all.  de KW8G, K8OWS K8OWT and W8JUZ !!!! [​IMG]

13. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder how the Post Office is holding up? The town according to my atlas is only about 2500.......with 15-20k QSL's full of money arriving with in the next day or so from all parts of the world........well it's better than being trapped 2 miles under.

Best wishes Randy, to you and your family for a speedy recovery! We're all with you......in spirit and $$

God Bless You!

Dale K9TTT
    BTW: I think that guy who collects all our coins should send him a few QSL holders

14. AA6DX/SK2022

AA6DX/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, trying to find out how to start a new topic here on this website .. sheeeesh ...
    Anyway ..
    I SUGGEST THAT ALL HAMS SENDING A QSL CARD TO OUR SURVIVING MINER HAM ENCLOSE A BUCK OR TWO OR WHATEVER .. We do that for DX when we send a
    QSL . JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF HITS NATIONAL MEDIA HAS GENEREATED . .. and, drop a green stamp or two in that envelope . his cute family can sure use it, I bet!
    Mark AA6DX

15. AB8MA

I sure hope PO BOX 223 is a big one.

Mailed my card and 20 this morning. Hope it helps. Sorry I couldn't do this for the rest of the Victims' families.

Last night I printed the address for mailing, and at that time there were 18254 lookups. Now there have been 21661 lookups. If just 1% were for mailing purposes, we have done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.