ad: Mountaingoat-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KC8VKZ USA Lookups: 24949
    Randal L McCloy, Jr
    PO BOX 223
    Philippi WV 26435
    USA

Wow, almost 25,000 lookups. 1$ from each looker-upper would be great! My $20 goes out tomorrow.

73 de Jeff, KF3KWO/5

2. N9YRX

N9YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we broke Randal's counter.  I can't see how many look-ups he has now.  Somebody is going to catch big thunder over breaking it. [​IMG]

3. N4CQW

N4CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Woo HOO!! Way to go guys BREAK the Counter!

73, Moe N4CQW

4. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope the administrators will save this topic and all replies to it. That would be quite a gift to present to Randal and his family. I'm sure we'll all be listening on the air for his callsign once he's recovered.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't normally do this stuff, but like the song says, "He's my brother."

Count me in.

6. VE7KPB

VE7KPB Ham Member QRZ Page

My card and $ in the mail tomorrow. We should be greatful for these miners and what they do. Coal is essential for the energy to keep our world running. I live near the BC coal area and remember a mine exploding when I was a kid. The local mines are all open pit now.

7. KN4RA

KN4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is encouraging! It goes to prove that anyone with an amateur call is a HAM regardless of classification. Tech or not, Randal’s tragedy has affected everyone from Novice to Extra. It makes me proud to be a ham. Way to go everyone! Let’s keep up those kind words and deeds!

BTW- How about a forum at Dayton 2006 featuring KC8VKZ?

8. N0MLR

N0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Fred I guess its time to get a better Hit counter for the look up's! LOL

What I have seen here is amazing. All the post to this thread and not a single cross word from or two anyone! This would be a good thing to continue on all threads and discussions from here on out. Anyone else with me? Lets all learn something from this and realize we are all hams and when the chips are down we can count on each other. That would be the best way to Honor all the Miners who died as well as Randal.

Greg Dunn / N0MLR

9. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all, I work in a surface Mine
    Lehigh Cement Mitchell IN..
    Mine Safety is a priority...

Anyway.. Glad he was a HAM.. I wanted to mention we need more Miners that are HAMS... For instance I am the only Ham at our Plant... I have a few gusy interested.. Hopefully by summers end I will have added one or more...

When I first started at Lehigh 10 years ago. There had been a Ham working there.. but he moved on...

When parts vendors come in and meet with us.. My boss gets a kick out of how they come in and want to know .. Where is the HAM..? They see my license plates.. We met find out most of our parts vendors are hams.. Ironic. But makes sence.. I work in the Electrical department... (supervisor)..

Anyway... Glad he survives.. Our Prayers are with all the families of that disaster..

73 jerry

73 jerry

10. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred;
    Hope you are out there somewhere, but the idea of sending this thread to Randy is another great idea!  Can you do it?  Sure would be a great tribute to all the miner's.

Update us from time to time on the number of "hit's" he is getting.
    Thanks, Dale H. Cole K9TTT

11. N1FSX

N1FSX Ham Member QRZ Page

HERE HERE

WE ARE this good as HAMS.

Count me in. I'll be sending card w/donation as well.

73 From the Colorado high plains.

PSK 31 Baby!

12. KC9IPU

KC9IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

It just amazes me how much support has gone out to him and his family. It's a terrible thing that happened, and I think this whole idea of showing our support is an excellent one.

Who cares if any of the mass media does pick this up, we know we are sending our support, that’s all that really should matter!!

Anyways, my 1st qsl card and $ will be in the mail tomorrow.

13. W0FM

W0FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am so proud of this group.  I had to read every single entry before I could believe we could have this many positive responses with no whiners.  The brotherhood of Amateur Radio lives on!  My thoughts and prayers are with Randal and his family.  QSL and donation mailed yesterday.

Nice going folks!  Keep it alive.

Terry, WØFM

14. W1WDX

W1WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to know why the counterr was removed from his listing??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. W1WDX

W1WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to know why the counter has been removed from his listing:rock: :rock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.