ad: chuckmartin

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N0JAA

N0JAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent a card to Randal today, in which I enclosed a QSL card.

Paul, N0JAA.

2. KI4JAV

KI4JAV Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm with everyone else, This was a great idea. My husband (K4FMVS) and I sent some money yesterday and since we just got married and got everything moved, I couldn't find our QSL cards so I sent a note and a pen from our ham club W4BSF. I think that Randall will he happy to have received so many QSL cards! God Bless our miners! Our thoughts are also with the other miners family! Also remember the miner from Pikeville Kentucky Cornelius Yates who was killed yesterday.

KI4JAV [​IMG]

3. WB3DJL

WB3DJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I contacted CNN via Email yesterday. So far There has been no response from them other than to acknowledge my Email. Last night they did mention that Randal is a Ham, but nothing more was said about the 22,000 , over 23,000 now, hams that have hit the qrz site looking up his info.I guess CNN doesn't care about human interest stories.....You would think they should take note when there are over 23,000 individuals involved in this.
    73 de wb3djl

4. K2PH

K2PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had an email exchange with Allen Pitts at ARRL HQ this afternoon. He says that the ham radio aspect of the story is on the Associated Press wire and local papers/stations may pick it up. I have not been able to find this AP story; if anyone can locate it, please leave a link to it here. Thanks.

Paul K2PH

5. KG6PCA

KG6PCA Guest

I, too, just sent my QSL and some money to Randal's P.O. Box address.  If I may suggest, take a few more seconds and write a short note to Randal on the back.  When he's able to look through all his QSLs, he'll probably enjoy reading any personalized notes from us.

Jerry
    KG6PCA

6. NV5A

NV5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Forward your letter to Fox News (TV & Radio), Tony Snow, Sean Hannity, Fox TV's morning show "Fox & Friends", Bill O'Reilly, Greta Van Sustern (sp?). They frequently report on special interest issues like this.

GL,
    Rick

= = = = =

I contacted CNN via Email yesterday. So far There has been no response from them other than to acknowledge my Email. Last night they did mention that Randal is a Ham, but nothing more was said about the 22,000 , over 23,000 now, hams that have hit the qrz site looking up his info.I guess CNN doesn't care about human interest stories.....You would think they should take note when there are over 23,000 individuals involved in this.
    73 de wb3djl

7. NY7Q

NY7Q Guest

Why not just send a card and possibly a gift and let it be at that.
    We don't need to wave flags
    what ever will be, will be.

8. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As I said yesterday: I sure hope PO BOX 223 is a big one.

I agree also with Jim - N7YO. Lets not try to trump this up. The family has enough to deal with now.

Mentally tracking my card/cash. Should be on top of the heap right about ........... now.

My prayers go to Randal and his family.

Bob

9. N5KBP

N5KBP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just dropped a C-note off at the PO.

God Bless all the miners and their families.

N5KBP

10. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bingo.

Bravo

11. NY7Q

NY7Q Guest

what concerns me is: NBC reported email scams to get money. that could throw cold water on Hams really trying to help them....

12. N9YRX

N9YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we can be rest assured this is legit.

13. VE7WHK

VE7WHK Ham Member QRZ Page

It is inspiring to be a member of such a diverse group of people with a common interest.Amateur radio binds us in unique ways to people we have never and may never meet in person. Yet the connection is very strong.ve7whk

14. N1ABB

N1ABB Ham Member QRZ Page

I will have a QSL in the mail this afternoon. I couldn't do what these brave folks do. I can't imagine going into the ground that far each day. God bless those that wern't so lucky. [​IMG]

15. KA1AAA

KA1AAA Ham Member QRZ Page

We are sending some money to help him out.

Ray, Kathy, Ray Jr., Chris
    http://n1tai.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.