ad: Radclub22-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AE4SH

AE4SH Ham Member QRZ Page

My card will go out in the morning as well.
    i used to work in a strip mine in besmer city NC.
    my families belssing's go out the randall and his family.
    w4stl
    scott, cathey & kara Hamm

2. JI1AVY

JI1AVY Guest

Let me join this heart-warming movement. I will send my card from Tokyo, Japan.:)

3. WB3DJL

WB3DJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Could you send me the article? I have tried to get it in the news several ways and have had no luck. Maybe your local paper is a begining and the national news will pick it up.I firmly believe that this deserves national, if not world wide attention in the news media.
    73 de wb3djl

4. K4KWM

K4KWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I emailed Fred about the missing counter but he hasnt replied yet. Wish he would put it back or tell us why he wont. John

5. KA9EKG

KA9EKG Ham Member QRZ Page

My QSL and note and money went in the mail last week.along with a short note.God Bless you Randy and the familys that lost loved ones.As far as Fred pulling the counter my hat is off to him.With all the posts it is no bodys concern except Randy's family.Think of the crooks out there.De KA9EKG

6. W5AOX

W5AOX Ham Member QRZ Page

(SNIF)-- My check, and less importantly, my QSL went out to Anna McCloy today.... thanks for the UPPERs, guys and dolls.
    I'd be interested in sending at least a buck apiece to the other unfortunate miners' families too.. surely someone will post their addresses or set up a collection account in a local bank there for us.
    Jim W5AOX

7. WA6NDW

WA6NDW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this would be great. What a tribute if the other families were to receive $$ from the HAM's. If someone can get a bank or address, I would love to send in money that couldbe split with the families.

WA6NDW
    DeNise

8. KD8BMX

KD8BMX Ham Member QRZ Page

This was on the local news in Charleston, WV this weekend.
    http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/showscripts/11sat.shtml#10

The link may only be online till Saturday. So below is the script from the news cast.
    There was a day last week that the radio station and local bank had a day of collecting and raised over $75000 for the families. Not sure if they still are but I'll do my best to find out. I'll post if I find anything.

9. K8TS

K8TS Ham Member QRZ Page

The thread will be mailed in the morning to the family.  All 22 pages of it.  It has a short cover letter which reads;
    ANNA:
    I am sure by now that you and Randy and your whole family know that you are in the hearts of the entire amateur radio community.  These copies that are enclosed, are from posts to the internet that got this started.  We all wish you well-God speed to Randy-and our heart felt feelings reach out to those whose loved ones did not make it.
    (signed) Your Ham Radio Friends
    P.S. I started to list the states, but there was just too many.

10. W7HW

W7HW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys, let us go one step further than sending QSL cards to the injured miner.......reseach tells me that he has a family, also: the look-up on his call sign have gone outta site, why not enclose a couple of bucks in each QSL card to help the family. It certainly was a bad year in 2005 for a lot of folks. Why not help this family also. I sent a few bucks, lets get the ham fraternity going and help this fellow ham and his family. Just a comment from my observation.......73 to all, and: think positive.........Duane w7hw [​IMG]

11. G8RJQ

G8RJQ Guest

My grandfather was a miner and I saw him through the hard times of coal mining, he past on after years of breathing coal dust, my heart goes out not only to our friend Randal and his family but also to those that never reached old age. Truely a class of guys whose trust in one another and friendship is rarely seen in this world anymore, get well soon Randal. My card is on its way, ZS1RJQ.

12. VK3FY

VK3FY Ham Member QRZ Page

To Randal and his family, we hope you get will soon. To all the families that lost love ones, our hearts go to you all. 73's from the Dimitrijevic family. Chris VK3FY, Nikolaas VK3FNIK, Deeny & Norman

13. N9WWR

N9WWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Like many other HAMS we will be sending a donation to  Randall and his family. Besides donations from HAMS alike , we at Northside Radio Supply, are issuing a challenge to ALL advertisers on QRZ and Ham radio suppliers. Lets help a ham along with his family and fellow miners families that are in need by donating 10% of December or January total sales.
    May God bless Randall and his family along with the grieving community that was part of this tragic event.

73s and God Bless all,

John Praeger
                                   owner
                         Northside Radio Supply
                            Racine,Wisconsin
    northsideradiosupply@netzero.com

14. AK6S

AK6S Ham Member QRZ Page

I have always felt honored to be a ham and reading all these well wishes truly makes me so proud of all of you!  
    Our prayers and thoughts are with Randal, and his family and there friends, as well as prayers of comfort and condolences going out to all the families and friends.  May God Bless them.  Randal get well soon!  Hope to talk to you on the air some day!  We will send ours out tomarrow.  What a great idea. God Bless you all. 73
    Sherry & Chuck
    AK6S    KE6SE

15. K8OCN

K8OCN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am always a little late, but its better late than never.
    I mailed out my QSL Card and a little cash to help out the family. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.