ad: QuirkyQRP-1

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6CU

K6CU Ham Member QRZ Page

Two questions...

1. If Baxter's callsign is pulled by the FCC, will he be re-listed in the QRZ database? If so, how?

2. Does Mr. Baxter also have a marketing degree. He's received a tremendous amount of free advertising on this thread.

I will now remove tongue from cheek...

2. KG6JEV

KG6JEV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's 7 Nov @ 0001Z and the Nazi page is back. It even shows it was updated today.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/K1MAN14275/myhomepage/business.html

Time to send another letter to AOL.

He even has the nerve to want to 'debate us on any amateur radio topic' (check the news page). It'd be like wrestling someone with their arms tied behind their backs. If brains were gasoline, he wouldn't have enough to power a gocart around the inside of a Cheerio. Not worth my time, energy or effort. Sorry, Glen, you won't have the privilege of debating this ham on your crapshow.

3. KB7QDX

KB7QDX Ham Member QRZ Page

To clear up the subject for the 5% => Free speech does not give you the right to write on my bathroom walls. Buy your own house and exercise your free speech by writing on your bathroom walls. kb7qdx

4. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Isn't it amazing how some people just can't get it? It's like trying to explain ham radio to your cat, no matter how hard you try....

Move your nazi libel all over the place, Baxter, it doesn't matter. You're still going down, sooner or later.

As for your debate, since I'm about 3000 miles from you I think I'll have to miss out on that, sure you'll understand. Besides that, if I lived in your same town I still wouldn't bother, not because I'm just so darn intimidated by your brilliance, (ha!) but because I learned many many years ago, not to waste time and effort arguing with 1. drunks; 2. the insane; 3. morons. I have no doubt you're in at least one of these catagories. Thanks anyway.

5. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep,
    Glen says....

"I really
    doubt that any of those misfit computer 'hams' on 'QRnazi' will have
    the courage, integrity, or the intelligence to come on my program and
    debate with me in front of the whole world. These guys sound pretty
    tough (but ignorant) behind their safe little computer screens, but
    stick a microphone in their hands, and they freeze up like a new car
    with no oil in the 'crank case,' no pun intended. On second thought,
    I like that pun," Mr. Baxter said in an interview late Saturday
    evening.

6. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Yep, saw that....I still wonder who's doing these "interviews" with Baxter, his tiger? Or maybe one of his other personalities?

7. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr Winkie

8. W1NK

W1NK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just what AOL address are folks sending complaint letters to?  [​IMG]

I guess it's time for me to weigh in with a complaint as a reported "member" of the American Amateur "Nazi" Party.

9. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KiMAN's letter to the FCC reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Tom Clancy:
    "If you are going to tweak a tiger's tail, you had better be prepared to deal with his teeth!"
    I hope Mr. Hollingsworth's teeth are extra sharp this time!!![​IMG]

10. KB1GYQ

KB1GYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Community Guidelines
    Notify AOL

11. w5hze

w5hze Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr. Baxter has seemingly abandoned the course of wisdom and kept an updated version of his libelous article posted on his website, albeit at a different URL.

He would be well advised to consult with an attorney regarding the content of the libelous material, with an eye towards his personal liability in this matter.

His apparent assumption- that our right to free speech will somehow protect him from legal consequences- could lead to an unpleasant future if he continues to publish and broadcast this material.

WB5HZE

12. KB5WX

KB5WX Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe some of us can set up a sked on 14.275 . Then when mr.baxter starts his Broadcast , we can complain of willful and malicious interference . Might be dirty poker , but who said life was fair ?

13. N8CTL

N8CTL Ham Member QRZ Page

A person does have freedom of speach, but does not have the right to be heard. If that was the case we would have to provide anyone that wanted to speak a place to speak, supply a PA system so he could be heard, and would have to show up and listen to him speak.

14. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

No wonder he has a tiger to protect him.

15. KC0NPF

KC0NPF Guest

Wasn't there a forum a while back on either eham or QRZ (can't remember) about a national tune up frequency...?
    how about, you guessed it, 7.275?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.