ad: TinyPaddle-1

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG6JEV

KG6JEV Ham Member QRZ Page

Correct e-mail address for Riley Hollingsworth is:

rholling@fcc.gov

Steven

2. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

I think AOL took it off.  If Baxter would have done it, he would have just removed the "nazi" part.  The entire html page has been deleted.

AOL seems to know what slander and libel are.

Good thing, because AOL would have been party to the libel.

I hope that they also send a copy of their rules to Mr. Baxter.

It was still there this morning, with new information that was toned done a bit, calling some qrz misfits, and various other names.

And that is fine, call me a misfit.  An opinion is fine, just stay off of the "nazi" stuff.

Guess Glen now will get his team of lawyers to sue AOL along with the ARRL and the Boy Scouts.

W6NJ

3. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

What does it take to get through to some people???

4. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Thank you for removing the nazi list, Glenn.

Oh, he's just moved the page. I take that thank you back. Glenn, for a second there I thought you might even be a halfway decent human being, or at least had a grain of sense. I see that was premature thinking. You are a pig.

5. KE4LQY

KE4LQY Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to point out that the United States Constitution is designed to protesct the rights of individual citizens from the government, not each other. QRZ is free to limit anyones acces to its forums.... Only the government can infringe on a persons rights.

6. N2IXX

N2IXX Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe with the way the database program is written it will not allow Fred to lockout k1man, hence the removal. I see nothing wrong in doing that and he did leave a link to the FCC database if you really want to look up k1man's info. Thank you Fred for taking a stand, we are supposed to be self-policing

As far as k1man goes, he should. I for one would never join his organizations. He is not what I would want to represent me with any government agency. Just imagine him at a WARC meeting, I can see him now taking off his shoe and banging it on the podium. He seems to forget the simple fact that those who make the rules can change the rules. Making fun, taunting, name calling etc. will not get you what you want.

Then we have the case of the non-profit designation. I may be wrong on this but just because the parent is a non-profit does not mean the divisions have to be.

What has he done since the ‘85’ earthquake in Mexico?
    What did he even do in Mexico?
    If he’s not a lawyer why does he dispense legal advice?

And the real turn off was when he called some woman looking for one of his call-ins and gave her number out over the air and played their conversation, all week long no less. He never even told her she was being recorded or played the customary beep to let her know she was being recorded.

There’s my wooden nickle.

7. N7AAO

N7AAO Ham Member QRZ Page

It's Fred's site, he can do as he wants.

Just like K1MAN can call us all "American Amateur Nazis" on his (now removed) website. See this thread on Talk and Opinions for more.

[​IMG]

8. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Yes, he CAN call us nazis on his now removed website - anyone can - IF they're ready for the consequences.  Freedom to say or print anything you want isn't the same thing as having the legal right to do so. According to your logic then, libel and racist remarks IN PRINT are just fine and dandy?

9. KB1GYQ

KB1GYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Look up the local (to him) bar association, and forward the info... I'm sure they'd be interested.

This is an illegal wiretap, or something like that ...is there verifiable evidance of it... like testimony from the person involved?

10. N2IXX

N2IXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I had recorded the "Broadcast". I wonder how many calls she received from his broadcast? I bet she doesn't even know it was done.

It happened about 2 weeks ago. He played it, as usual, 24x7 for the week.

11. KB1GYQ

I found a great site, http://www.k1man.net/, a parody of k1man.com - not amazing is that it's much better written!

12. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

HA!

Funny!

14. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

15. KB1GYQ