ad: k1jek

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Staypuff Marshmellow Man!

I better stop... LOL

[​IMG]

2. KO4BB

KO4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,
    You have my support at 100%.
    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to explain your actions.
    Keep up the good work, and keep these servers humming.
    Didier KO4BB

3. WS2L

WS2L Guest

Excellent decision Fred, you have my vote 100%

After looking at his website it's obvious this guy has NO LIFE.

4. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

What purpose does delisting K1MAN have? None. If Fred delisted everyone who he didn't share a common view with or everyone who's actions he didn't agree with, QRZ would be a terribly empty place I fear. I purchase copies of the QRZ CD-ROM, and I expect the information to be as complete as possible when I go to look up a callsign. The omission serves no purpose.

5. W0VU

W0VU Ham Member QRZ Page

****Go join his broadcast team, with the rest of his
    garbage**** As Fred said, he is listed...What part don't
    you understand.

6. K0YSN

K0YSN Ham Member QRZ Page

I strongly support the decision of QRZ to de-list K1MAN. I think the Ham radio community should start an on line petition to the FCC to take this guy off the air.

Lew
    My Webpage

7. KG6JEV

KG6JEV Ham Member QRZ Page

That's another site I refuse to visit. I don't believe its views are representative of hams in general. Besides, the crap and vulgar material on their site has no business being associated with licensed amateurs - kind of reminded me of something you might see on a chicken bander site, and even the majority of them have more self-respect than that.

Steven

8. KG6JEV

Is he finally off 20m? Was working on the receiver of my 101B, shut it off for a few minutes to unplug a module, when I turned it back on, 275 was clear of his garbage and hams were actually using the frequency to have a QSO. What a novel idea!

Steven

9. K1EEA

K1EEA Ham Member QRZ Page

I just checked the K1MAN "Nazi List".  It's gone.  When you click on the link to it from his main web page, it brings you to the AOL "Can't Find This Page" page...  I was one of the original ones posted on that list.  It looks like someone got the message.

Let's hope the FCC can take care of the rest...

10. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Huh??
    He took off his Nazi list.??
    Well, if he did that on his own without any outside pressure, then I have a little more respect for him now. That is if he did that in order to do the right thing.

Thank you Glen!! I appreciate you doing that. And as a result, I won't talk crap about you anymore.

Now, could you please ASK IF THE FREQUENCY IS IN USE before you do another broadcast? And if it is (and that means 3 KCs up or down), then you don't broadcast. You say you are a professional engineer,,,,,Then act like one and go by the rules.

And now if you quit talking trash about people, AND ask if the frequency is in use, AND clean up your web site, AND dorp your suit against the boy scouts and whoever else you are bringing a suit against, or planning to, AND not bring people to court ever again, And maybe even apologize to people, AND start sounding like a professional, then who knows,,I might even start listening to your programs.

11. KE4LFL

KE4LFL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio is supposed to be enjoyable as any sport or activity so we don,t need to have anyone to muddy the waters. thanks for the space to vent my feelings 73 ke4lfl:0

12. WC0Q

WC0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

What I want to know is why K1MAN hasn't had his license taken away permanently? The guy has broken many of the major FCC regulations regarding correct amateur operations hundreds of times.

13. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone in an earlier post said that nothings been done yet because they are trying to "build a case" against him. And I guess it takes 20 years to build a case against someone, because he's been on the air 15 years or so now.

And I want to know how they don't have enough for a case now. It makes me feel that if I were the type of person, that I can QRM transmissions, or just walk all over peoples transmissions all I want, or broadcast anything I want, and I don't have to worry about a thing.

14. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Contact W. Riley Hollingsworth,

Ask him......

(717) 338-2502 Riley.Hollingsworth@fcc.gov

15. KG6JEV

You actually think he did it on his own? C'mon. I, as well as several others who made 'the list', sent threatening letters to AOL, demanding they remove the page. Their own TOS (Terms Of Service) clearly state that what he was doing on that page was illegal. They had no choice but to remove it, or face possible legal action. They may have lots of lawyers, but they aren't stupid. Just as a tiger cannot change its stripes, Glenn has not and will not change - you've given him far too much credit.

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.