ad: k1jek

ON QRZ but will not confirm the contact.

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by VK2RK, Jan 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K3VW

K3VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you can help a new licensee and member (me.) I had contact on 20 m with a station that asked me to confirm our contact in QRZ. Can you explain where on this site is this done? I do not have a log on here but would like to help the other ham out. Thanks.

2. N2ARO

N2ARO Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you need to have a QRZed logbook to confirm the contact. I don't know any other way.

If you don't have a logbook of any kind, think about setting a one up here. It's easy to do and easy to use, and it's fun to log your contacts and watch your book grow.

K8VHL likes this.
  3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What N2ARO said. Start with the QRZ Logbook and also check into ARRL's LoTW. A lot of folks who use QRZ's Logbook then upload to LoTW. The electronic logging process will grow on you. Review this first: https://www.qrz.com/docs/logbook30/start

N2ARO likes this.
  4. N3WVB

N3WVB Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2023-2-6_0-51-47.jpeg

This is just my opinion ,,,,,

I prefer QRZ LOGBOOK over LOTW

I have no interest in using LOTW

Hope To Work You On The Bands 7 3

N3WVB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. M7DGE

M7DGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand your frustration. It seems odd to bother to make a QRZ account and not use it. Though having a QRZ page is not a requirement of your radio licence, it's obvious most people look you up on here when they hear your callsign on air. There could be a workaround though.

If you have "worked 100 United States counties", but only a few of them bothered to confirm, then simply put it in your profile, with a note that other people couldn't be bothered to confirm. Some of them only use eQSL or some other site. They must have their reasons. Collecting a publicly visible log on QRZ seems a sensible step to me.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

US hams are listed automatically thru no effort on their own. They may have never even heard of qrz.com.
    I note you don't use LoTW. What's up with that?

7. M7DGE

Why not use eQSL at the same time. Any others?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I do. Add HRD Log.
    LoTW is the most widely used.

UT7UX likes this.
  9. M7DGE

Congratulations.

10. M7DGE

I only just found out that US stations automatically have their callsign added to QRZ.com when they get their licence. However, they are not compelled to use it. I find it a bit stranger for everyone else though, who took the time to make an account and profile. Almost everyone looks up callsigns they hear on air on QRZ.com. I can see why someone would not be able to find the time to log QSOs in multiple online logbooks.

If you insist, if you would have qualified for the award but for the lack of confirmation, put it in your bio anyway, with a note that only x% bothered to confirm, and thank the ones who did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.