ad: Halibut-1

New QRZ Home Page

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Or, someone could just have their head up their ass. :D

NK2U likes this.
  2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto, I have no interest in buying anything and in fact Im selling stuff. If a sudden buy urge hit then HRO is the next town away

3. NK2U

NK2U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You probably hit the nail on the head with that comment. Your perspective is probably correct.

de NK2U

4. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

K9ASE likes this.
  5. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The saddest part of the 60 plus pages of comments by patrons of the site, is the lack of response by Fred Lloyd and Jaime Jeffries. Jaime states on her webpage that she wants to hear from us and so 60 pages later she has heard from us. I'm sure they don't like the idea of spending money on a project that is unpopular. Creating an inefficient, bandwidth intensive and unpopular webpage design can happen, but why ignore your customers?

NK2U likes this.
  6. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote to Fred directly via e-mail and he replied that he will not change the page back and that the users need to learn to live with it.

de NK2U

7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

He made that quite clear 2 weeks ago.

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/new-qrz-home-page.543899/page-33#post-4031086

All anyone has been doing in this thread is pissing into the wind. Vote with your dollars and your feet (or in this case, your browser). Otherwise, suck it up, buttercups.

8. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like seeing all the tiles on the front page. It allows me to visit an advertiser or choose a link on my phone without navigating a long list. I purposely choose "show all advertisers" when I go to QTH.com classifieds too. These guys often live or die by ad revenue so I think you should patronize Fred's advertisers as often as possible. Same with QTH.com and any other reputable ham publication.

73 de Tom

9. NK2U

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then Fred should give his users what they want.... right?

de NK2U

10. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It kind of reminds me of the the then new ARRL web page roll out a good number of years ago. It was and still is a navigating nightmare that I can't find anything on. They were totally disinterested in any constructive criticism.

My only post until now was the one where I said "total fail" concerning the new design. I still don't like the new "tiled" main web page but it's not the end of the world. I do think that some have really gone off the deep end on the whole thing.

BTW 10-20 years ago I designed and built 100's commercial web pages but have since then been left way behind in that field.

11. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

...or not visit it. For several years, LONG before the change, it hasn't been my start page.
    That's about the last time I visited.

12. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

Best thing to do at this point is just vote at renewal time.

John K7FD

NK2U and KD5BVX like this.
  13. AC2NZ

AC2NZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Fred & Co.:

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for the option of List (beta) vs Grid (tile). A vast improvement!

There are still too many graphics (at least the thumbnails load in a reasonable time) and not enough information, but it's waayyy better than it was.

Guess I won't have to find another ham radio website after all. 73, John - AC2NZ

NK2U, W5BIB and K9ASE like this.
  14. N2ZIR

N2ZIR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I too like the new List (beta) format.

15. K4HBK

K4HBK Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a HERO badge from petty cash. The List format is SO MUCH BETTER!

Thank you very much.