ad: M2Ant-1

FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

A totally unbiased opinion from a 12 year technician.

Pfffft.

2. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

0TRN says ... "It all a seperation of class. and thumbing yur noses up at someone and looking down upon someone else just to make yourself feel better. the FCC just leveled the playing field for everyone. we all need new blood in the hobby."

I don't think anyone is thumbing their noses ... what I find amazing, the "class distinction" has prevailed for many years until the "I want it now" crowd started its call for equalization.

We are all amateur radio operators. Some with more experience and talents than others. So what. We all worked to get where we are. Some put forth more effort than others. That is how it goes in life. You want something more or extra, you work for it.

Not any more. That is sad.

Bill, W0LPQ/9

3. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Nevermind. It didn't work I'll link to it later.

4. KB0TRN

KB0TRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well morse code is not the difference between classes
    or being dumber and less than anyone else.

thats all I here from you old timers, Radio is not all about the code, its about electronics theory and making advancements in the art of radio communications NOT dit da dit.

Its the difference of wanting to use it or not !

Why ? should anyone be forced use RTTY or DATA Modes,
    if they choose not to.

Morse code back in the day, had its use. but now its out dated as a digital mode of operation.

So if you have a attitude about someone else getting a licence class privllige just because of the rules changing.

After you had to use CW as a mode of operation before the rules have changed.

Which to me seems to be very selfish and closed minded.

We as hams no matter what Class should welcome everyone with open arms and minds.

So do not look down on those who take these new rules run with them.

But if we have confrontation from the start it will only end in confrontation and ill will among all of us.

We can now diminish the prevailing "class distinction" on radio once and for all.

So do you want some bread with that wine ??

KB0TRN [​IMG]

5. W5IEI

W5IEI Guest

KB0TRN

Another sit on my dead a$$ waiting on the government to save me.

What a great asset to HF?

6. KI4NNL

KI4NNL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is for everyone, not that it will make the least bit of difference as a good number of you seem to love whizzing dead into the face of a hurricane.

If you have a bad attitude toward the new/old people who did/didn't take the code test, then you only accomplish one thing, and that is to ensure that those you hate most are exactly who you encounter.

If you are nasty and rude, then those who do care a bit what the others in the hobby think will pull away. The people who are decent will quit or start to avoid talking to folks (not good for a hobby based around communication). The ones who will push through anyway will be ones who care little about what people think, because to them it doesn't matter what your opinion is, good or bad. So you are all just contributing to the polarization of the hobby around this issue. How many people have to come on and say, give things a chance? Post after post of people reminding both sides what it is to be mature and civil, but still, all I see are the same people crabbing/gloating or pouring gasoline into the fire to stroke their own egos.

Grow up all of you. I am beginning to think its not the code/no code issue at all that is the issue... Its the normal human beings who will try to get on with life and ham radio vs. the trolls who cannot get past what they think regarding "those guys" who disagree with them.

We know you hate/love the decision and think that the OT's/NCTs are garbage, whatever, get over it and shut up so people can talk about radio instead of some fcc decision.

I am beginning to think all the stereotypes about hams are true listening to you children go at each other.

7. KB0TRN

KB0TRN Ham Member QRZ Page

KI4NNL

I totaly agree with your last posted statement we should all let this pass so that we can start enjoying

OUR HOBBY AGAIN. as we should without all of this up roar.

Because that exactly what it is a HOBBY.

73,s Chris

KB0TRN, [​IMG]

8. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

It IS a hobby.

But I'm beginning to think that for some people it is more than that. It is their <b>ONLY</b> hobby. They have no other life. Somehow their entire lives and self-image are so wrapped up in the hobby that even the slightest change in their status within the hobby threatens their very sense of self. They scream, they yell, they berate the newcomers and call them all sorts of names.

It's like their very hearts are being ripped out of their chest because the FCC (you know, the people who gave you your license in the first place) has changed the rules of the game. If you don't like that much then turn your license in. The FCC giveth and the FCC can taketh away. Code testing is gone. The FCC is not bringing it back. If that breaks your heart then maybe step back and find another hobby that doesn't break your heart. Maybe take up needlepoint or cow-chip throwing. Something that doesn't give you so much stress in your life that you have to wail and gnash your teeth so much.

Or are you so small and needy that you can not share even one tiny bit of the huge HF spectrum with someone new?

9. W5IEI

W5IEI Guest

I'm sure glad we have all these freeloading techs telling us how to act [​IMG]

10. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone has to. Can't figure it out on your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.