FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Good point. The test means little, a CW QRP WAS will mean something. Or DXCC or any other award for CW operation.

Joe

2. KC0KBC

KC0KBC Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with that point, and fully intend to do those things as well. I'm fearful that this effort may foster a tendency to never want to see code again once the test is over hihi. But the fact that I'm cognizant of that is why it won't happen.

I just want to be able to say I took the test and passed it. For crying out loud, it's only 5wpm. Hard, to be SURE - but nothing compared to what a whole bunch of folks before me had to do.

3. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

The Horse is Dead, stop beating it or I will have to rat you all out to GW Bush. [​IMG]

4. W5IEI

W5IEI Guest

It's not dead yet,we still have written tests to get rid of.

5. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, after Element 1 is dead we are going for all the other ones. Then well will push for just a mail-in box-top license. After that, it will be a short jump to CB-style no-license hams.

MUH-HAA-HAA-HAA-HAA!

[​IMG]

Get over yourself Henny-Penny.

6. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course you are kidding.....

7. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

Hey everyone!  There's another code/nocode thread, just started in the "NEWS" section.  I think that is lucky number 13.

Don't miss out ... skip on over there and be one of the first to post your vile hatred about your side of the argument!

What?  You need a link?  Hold on ... back in a minute ...

EDIT:  Here ya go:

Slap around a fellow amateur in a brand new thread!

Enjoy!

8. KC0WCM

KC0WCM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The fact of the matter is if you wanted general privliges bad enuff you would have learned the code, 5WPM is realy slow. So what if its a mode you will never use Its Part of the right of passage into the prestiegue of ham radio. If the requirement was still 20wpm I would have spent more time and learned it at that speed. I look up to the people that learnd and passed the code at 20wpm. In my opinion Tech's That think the deserve HF without passing the code requirement Is a reflection as to how this world is being run. Something for Nothing Is the name of the game now adays. I'm 24 and passed the code in mid 2006 4 months after geting my Tech licence. Im proud to say I've learned the code and Took the test to show that I've learned it. I grew up with nothing HANDED to me I had to EARN what I got and feel very strong about that.
    It seems to me that every generation is getting more lax on the next. Letting more and more slide, When is enuff enuff! Im sorry If I pissed anyone off but Life needs to be hard so you can look back after something was HARD and say wow I did that I set a goal and acheved my goal and I didnt wait for someone to do it for me. Its realy not the FCC's fault, IT's the ones who didn't want to try hard enuff to meet the requirement. The FCC just gave in. And I understand there are some that have a harder time with code then others But there are Way's to get help with it. I'm mainly talking about the ones who don't think they should pass a test for a mode they will never use. It's imature and selfish! For those who've  done it Congratulations!  For the others that dont want to Good luck on the bands. Long Live Code!

9. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

The older generation has been saying this for thousands of years.

It's just the fear of change talking. It's the sign that you have gotten old and have lost control to those who are innovating. Don't worry, it's going to happen to us eventually as well. It's natural.

Turn off that darn loud music!

The kids are all right. They always are. Hopefully we don't screw things up ourselves so bad that we have nothing to hand them when their time comes.

10. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

He meant the 5 wpm code test.
    How should I feel about your only passing a 5 wpm test?  Should I look down on you sir?  My code test for my extra ticket was 20 wpm, passed on October 10, 1993.

Please elaborate for me on that when you have a minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.