ad: CQMM-1

FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI4NNL

KI4NNL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is for everyone, not that it will make the least bit of difference as a good number of you seem to love whizzing dead into the face of a hurricane.

If you have a bad attitude toward the new/old people who did/didn't take the code test, then you only accomplish one thing, and that is to ensure that those you hate most are exactly who you encounter.

If you are nasty and rude, then those who do care a bit what the others in the hobby think will pull away. The people who are decent will quit or start to avoid talking to folks (not good for a hobby based around communication). The ones who will push through anyway will be ones who care little about what people think, because to them it doesn't matter what your opinion is, good or bad. So you are all just contributing to the polarization of the hobby around this issue. How many people have to come on and say, give things a chance? Post after post of people reminding both sides what it is to be mature and civil, but still, all I see are the same people crabbing/gloating or pouring gasoline into the fire to stroke their own egos.

Grow up all of you. I am beginning to think its not the code/no code issue at all that is the issue... Its the normal human beings who will try to get on with life and ham radio vs. the trolls who cannot get past what they think regarding "those guys" who disagree with them.

We know you hate/love the decision and think that the OT's/NCTs are garbage, whatever, get over it and shut up so people can talk about radio instead of some fcc decision.

I am beginning to think all the stereotypes about hams are true listening to you children go at each other.

2. KB0TRN

KB0TRN Ham Member QRZ Page

KI4NNL

I totaly agree with your last posted statement we should all let this pass so that we can start enjoying

OUR HOBBY AGAIN. as we should without all of this up roar.

Because that exactly what it is a HOBBY.

73,s Chris

KB0TRN, [​IMG]

3. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

It IS a hobby.

But I'm beginning to think that for some people it is more than that. It is their <b>ONLY</b> hobby. They have no other life. Somehow their entire lives and self-image are so wrapped up in the hobby that even the slightest change in their status within the hobby threatens their very sense of self. They scream, they yell, they berate the newcomers and call them all sorts of names.

It's like their very hearts are being ripped out of their chest because the FCC (you know, the people who gave you your license in the first place) has changed the rules of the game. If you don't like that much then turn your license in. The FCC giveth and the FCC can taketh away. Code testing is gone. The FCC is not bringing it back. If that breaks your heart then maybe step back and find another hobby that doesn't break your heart. Maybe take up needlepoint or cow-chip throwing. Something that doesn't give you so much stress in your life that you have to wail and gnash your teeth so much.

Or are you so small and needy that you can not share even one tiny bit of the huge HF spectrum with someone new?

4. W5IEI

W5IEI Guest

I'm sure glad we have all these freeloading techs telling us how to act [​IMG]

5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone has to. Can't figure it out on your own.

6. KI4NNL

KI4NNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, great way to prove a point.

If freeloading tech is some incredible insult so be it, I accept that, I beg that you consider me a worthy human being someday. You have proven your point, whatever it is, code is forever or code is dead, whatever your position. Just move along please.

7. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

BILL

I was talking about the Extras that have pushed for this Code requirement being dropped, and the ones that belonged to this  NCI (No Code International)  Organization. Isn't this something how you and me missunderstand each other on everything?  But then I guess I wasn't as clear on what I said like I could have been.  Didn't think I had to since it's the CONSTANT code/no code thing, nothing has changed.

Now I have read here pretty much Two types of people.  Well, three if you count the people that don't care one way or the other.

I have read here on these threads that people are going to wait for the code requirements to be dropped then take the general written, and they are proud of it.

And then I have corresponded with a lot of people just getting in the so called  "Hobby" that are fine people.  And there is this one person in particular that is going to try and learn the code and get it passed before the code test is no more later next month.  This  person said that he could just wait until after the 23d, but he wants to pass the code before it disappears out of respect for the  "People that came Before him."   This almost brings tears to my eyes.  I'm very proud of him and would be More than honored to talk to him on the air.

NO,  I don't think you  "Wasted Your Time"  Elemering the people you Elemered.  Yes, there are people with the  "Attitudes"  and I won't talk to them on the air.  I was brought up better than that. The ones that don't have good attitudes seem to be a lot more in number now than back when I was younger. Then there are a lot of people that have great attitudes.   But are we going to say the heck with elemering any more people because there are a lot more with crappy attitudes? And forget about helping the people that have the good attributes and attitudes because of a few more rotten apples?

NAAAA !!   Bill, ME  Thinks that people like you are needed more  now than ever !    I for one want to thank you for all you have done.

8. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Freeloading?

Do YOU know how to ACT? I sure hope you dont hang out with the OWNERS of 75 meters. Attitudes like yours need to be eliminated. If you cant help out, then turn in your license- it will do everyone a BIG favor.

9. W5CMP

W5CMP Guest

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!! WHOO,YA

10. N5FOG

N5FOG Ham Member QRZ Page

There is no way to reason with bigot like W5IEI. He is the type of bigot that not matter what your technical abilities or how much you try to help other operators or Ham Radio in general, he will always look down on you and constantly tell you what a freeloading maggot you are simply because you didn’t pass yea great and holy code test.

He is the type that gives the code people a real black eye. He is another one that constantly bitchs about how easy the "watered down" tests are. Well if the he tests were so easy then why isn't he an extra class? Heck even I just a stupid NCT passed my extra class (got the CSCE to prove it). I’m also still waiting for an answer about 75 meters, they will try to blame it on the 5 wpm guys but most of the real foul mouthed guys I’ve monitored are old 13&20wpm guys, (the holy and scared code test really kept them out didn’t it). Yea those guys make 75 meters just a real slice of heaven don’t they?

Better watch out he has promised to take his "cause" to the air, which basically means he is a sore loser and is going to try to make everyone else miserable because he can't have his way. He is just another bitter OM that cannot accept change or the fact that someone is going to get in for just a little less than he had to put in.

Its guys like him that make me glad I have a legal limit amp, because I know the band is going to be full of people like him just waiting to show what sore losers they are and try to QRM all the new guys. I remember back in 2000 when all the 5wpm guys got on the air with their new generals and extra class licenses and the old 13&20wpm guys QRMed the hell out of them, so much for the code proving those guys had any real moral fiber or any shred of integrity.

Like I said earlier, it’s not about standards or pride or anything nearly that noble. All its about is a bunch of OM’s that are sore losers and since things are not going to be THEIR way they are going to try and make everyone else as unhappy as they are. What’s the old saying “misery loves company”.

Eric KC5FOG
    Soon to be Extra FOG

11. W5IEI

W5IEI Guest

I too have a legal limit amp.
    What are you implying?

12. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

I beleive he's telling you that you DON'T GET IT.

nuff said

13. KE6PJD

KE6PJD Ham Member QRZ Page

This is my little piece on this and then i'll go away

No one raised this much HELL!, when the code was downgraded to a slow speed to test for upgrades on the license. And then everyone run out and stated upgraded at a lesser speed.

As a Hobby, it needs to remain as such. Their is a peer of proof in what i've believed in since shortly after becoming a ham. There are people in this hobby that believe they are above others and that because what of what they have done that makes them better than anyone else. This is why i have never upgraded and may never upgrade, the holyer than thou syndrome of others in the General, Advanced and Extra classes.

I, Was told by an older ham that as long as there is this division in the classes of hams, By people thinking they are running a kingdom were only the higher ups rule and the lower are no or low class, Then isn't a hobby put a new place for the old time cb'er to hang out and they have only moved up from a different class of A**.

Now as a freeloading TECH., I've said my piece and I'll move along to were the other people don't look down there nose at me for what i have or haven't got done yet. Oh this little piece for all of you, As a ham and a tech, I have worked with and talk to and help to join ham radio over 200 people, with most of these going on to be Generals or Extras. I stuck in my rutt because of hearing damage and would liked to have taken the test.

73's to all and will wish those well in the future
    [​IMG]

14. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't look down on techs, or anyone else. But I do look down on people that will not apply themselves and just wait for things to change so they can get it handed to them. Or start an organization to get the requirements changed because they don't want to do what it takes.

See, in the old days, there weren't people that would whine and complain, and start an organization to get testing requirements changed so they don't have to put in the effort to upgrade. We just took the bull by the horns and did what it took. We wouldn't have even thought to start a group to get code dropped, or get the written easier just because we didn't want to do it. In the old days, men were men. That's all I'm complaining about, but people will take what I and others that think like I do and say I'm a whiner, and b___ing.

How about you upgrade and be one of the people that is a general, or extra that won't stick your nose up in the air on people that have a lower license class ticket. Then that will help even up the score on people that do. We need people like you in here. Upgrade and join the few people that won't look down on people and help get the situation even up and then we have a chance that we will become the majority instead of the minority........

15. KC0KBC

KC0KBC Ham Member QRZ Page

Today was the last day the Element 1 was offered in my area. It was my first attempt.

I passed with the first perfect score they'd ever administered.

To you folks who offered words of encouragement, I'm in your debt. To those who called me names because I happen to (still) be a Tech, bah.

Next up, the Element 3.

Mike, KC0KBC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.