ad: cq2k-1

FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC4MYV

KC4MYV Ham Member QRZ Page

great job mike and when i get my ft 101e back from a friend who is fixing it for me i hope we can meet on the air

2. KC4MYV

KC4MYV Ham Member QRZ Page

saturday the 24 feb 07 gonna be a long day

3. KC8YXA

KC8YXA Ham Member QRZ Page

You Can Say That again

4. N1BHH

N1BHH Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it comes fron the Corn Flakes box, or maybe Fruit Loops. And I wish people would at least use the proper grammar. It sure would be nice to keep the conversation simple, too. It don't take much effort.

5. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

Best orphan Annie voice:

Tomorrow, tomorrow -is only a day Ahhhhhh-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

[​IMG]

6. KC8YXA

KC8YXA Ham Member QRZ Page

11 hours and counting:p

7. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

no more whinning about I cant I cant -HERE COME THE NEW CBERS
    TO THE NEW ? C B BANDS.HAVE FUN QRMERS

DE K8PG Paul CW STILL LIVES
    THE SKY HAS NOT FALLEN CHICKEN LITTLE
    [​IMG]

8. K4ML

K4ML Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike, I hope to hear you on HF soon, voice or CW, and would then consider it an honor to receive your QSL card, as I would frame it in my shack.

Nice goin'!
    Ron, K4ML

9. KC0KBC

KC0KBC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Ron and Ron! One correction, however - it is I who would be honored to work either of you on the air. I look forward to it! [​IMG]

10. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

where? tell me the frequency.....

11. KI4JCE

KI4JCE Ham Member QRZ Page

There are more sour apples in here then at a produce stand! Lemons can't hold a candle to some of you.

Yes I turned in the element 3 CSCE on the 24th and am now a proud NC General/AG. Studying for the Extra as we speak. (I can hear the blood boiling in some of you already) I can see by some comments on here that I am not a welcome HAM by many of those that I would hope to have Elmer me as my hobby expanded. [​IMG] Tis a true shame to say the least. Talk about advancing our hobby.

I have purchased around fifty dollars worth of code software that I can now, at my leisure, learn the code with. The black (gotta get it done) cloud is not there anymore. I just hope it doesn't take as long as it has to learn playing a guitar. $1000 dollars worth of musical equipment and 20 years of practice and I can still only play five chords. [​IMG]

The question is if I do pass the 5wpm CW test will I have anymore respect from those that passed the 20 or 13WPM test? Doubt it!

I have to admit that the VECs at my test session were awesome. Each one of them congratulated me and wished me well in the hobby. Even as a NC General, to me it is a sense of accomplishment, no matter what the "code no go crowd" has to say.

I know 11 "code" hams in my area and only one called to see if I got my General ticket. I can feel the love already! Can you?? If you don't want to QSO with me they put a OFF button on your radio for a reason. Do me a favor and use it. Some of your piss poor attitudes really make this an inviting hobby. NOT!!!

Just because you had to learn to drive a stick shift doesn't mean I did. Some of you must have been really pissed when the automatic transmission came out! [​IMG]

73 KI4JCE

12. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

KI3JCE,

Congrats.

AS for the rest of the lemon-heads. Chew on this sour-ball:

[​IMG]

13. K3NEP

K3NEP Ham Member QRZ Page

CONGRATS to you KI4JCE !
    I to went on sat. the 24th & upgraded to gen.I got my nct in jan. when i first came on here & made a post,I almost had my head taken off by one of those sour apples !,Dont let it bother you,I dont.I have had a GREAT time ragchewin with MANY OT,& have been welcomed with open arms by most all,there have been a few sour apples tryin to cause [harmful interference] ,but dont let any of that kiddy, cb mentality bother you !!It is strange though,that that is what they where afraid of from us new comers [​IMG] go figuire [​IMG] [​IMG] ..Well enjoy your new hf freqs. I know i will.......3,s........KB3OKP//AG

14. WB8YUE

WB8YUE Ham Member QRZ Page

I to went on Saturday and upgraded from tech to nc general. To those of that that this offends I hope I don't run into you on the air when I finally get a rig and get on HF. For the rest of you it will be an honor to have a qso with you.

15. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Great work- congrats!!

Since I live about 8 miles from the ARRL, I decided to visit this weekend. The place was very busy with new hams and I enjoyed it so much that I went back on Sunday and brought my son, who is now showing much more interest than ever before.

So for the guys that wont talk to me, that attitude is NOT present in Newington, Conn, where everyone is encouraged- not put down! (take a HINT!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.