ad: elecraft

CANADA REPORTS AGREEMENT TO DROP MORSE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KI4HPZ

KI4HPZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The best reason to remove the code is to force your guys to talk with us, and feel real human interaction. Some of us work for a living and do not have tons of time coding. Taking out kids to ball practice, etc. I am gona learn it even if the fcc kills it…I like to learn…

2. KF1G

KF1G Guest

5 wpm is like learning to play chopsticks !

3. KI4HPZ

The big FEAR of some code hams is having learned a skill that no one gives a rats butt about...LOL

Some are so afraid of loosing people to code with.

[​IMG]

4. KF1G

KF1G Guest

What in the HE77 does this mean?

5. KI4HPZ

This means if the code is so great why do code hams want to force people to learn it? Is it is that great them people will learn it on their own without forcing them.

[​IMG]

6. KI4HPZ

Some are so scared of change. Always looking for the worst in people and change. This is almost biblical. Way back when, people put Jesus to death afraid of change.

Enjoy life...and know change is part of it...

[​IMG]

7. KI4HPZ

Only one fact in life is for certain. One day we are going to die. Enjoy you no code and ham code buddies. Do not let code be the sword that divides us...

[​IMG]

8. WA4DOU

WA4DOU Ham Member QRZ Page

The anti code camp is bankrupt and unworthy of any further consideration. The arguements are lame. I don't care what they do. I have nothing to say anymore on the subject to them.

9. KI4HPZ

Lame? The only lame thing here is people with hateful attitudes. Some frankly have a piss poor attitude. Some of the code hams that hate non-code hams need to turn in their license to prove they are a man of their word. That will solve their problems forever. Never have to talk to a non ham again.

10. KI4HPZ

...Never have to talk to a non-code ham again...

11. KB1SF

KB1SF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It now appears an intelligent exchange of ideas on this subject is not going to happen without also being accompanied by degrading, personal attacks.

I have far better things to do with my time.

Bye!

Keith
    VA3KSF / KB1SF

12. W0VU

W0VU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think he forgot to take his pills [​IMG]?[​IMG]?

13. W0VU

W0VU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you better go take a nap....

14. VA3JWP

VA3JWP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have taken the time to read the nearly 700 posts on this topic, and I simply can't believe the negative feedback i've read. I can understand the concerns of the hams with code. They love that part of the hobby, and don't want to see it disappear.
    I have made it my new years resolution to learn code, regardless of what Industry Canada decides. I hear code on practically all bands I currently use, and I want to be part of the fun. Sometimes, i'll hear CW on 6M, and the band is otherwise dead, and the same goes with 2m. My point is, is that quite often, their is no other activity on the bands besides CW, depending on the conditions. So it would be nice to have the capability of using code to do some dx'ing, or just to meet some new people. After all, isn't that what the hobby is all about?. I think that has gotten lost somewhere along the way.
    Why spend all kinds of hard earned money on equipment, and not even bother trying to learn CW?. Even if your not on HF, CW is used quite often on 6m, and on 2m. Enough for me to want to aquire code capability, so I can be part of the excitement.
    I think I personally owe respect to the hams to have taken the time to learn code. In almost all situations, I have found that a ham that uses code, is more than willing to teach me what they enjoy so much. And in my opinion, anyone who is willing to take the time to teach somebody code, is at the very least, owed the respect to try and learn it. It can't be all that bad can it?...... a few cups of coffee, a pleasent conversation, and making new friends.
    I look forward to it, and hopefully, I can learn code good enough to teach it to my son someday. The thought of being an "Elymer" makes me smile, and it reminds me of the ham who got me into this hobby, VE3MIG. I can remember seeing his excitement when I passed my Basic exam, and he was going to teach me code, but he has since moved away.
    So.... to summarize my post, I guess what i'm saying is, if we were smart enough to get a liscence, and learn how to use the gear, than why not take the time to learn CW, what's the worst that could happen?.

VA3JWP
    James Parker:D

15. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Keith,

Guilty! As you changed your statements from post to post, it appeared you were just trolling. I have indeed been poking you with a pointed stick on your positions and a little at you as well. My humble apology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.