ad: elecraft

$20,000 Dream Station Prize at Hamvention 2022

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Apr 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be present to win. It's a koan.

2. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Was around for roughly 10 years. Not a bad run. TS-830S was only around for 8 years.

3. K7KEN

K7KEN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, it would be a real inconvenience, I guess I could downgrade from Yaesu. My balcony Slinky won't know the difference.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  4. K0PG

K0PG Ham Member QRZ Page

It must have been rigged.

KA6AKH likes this.
  5. N5MKY

N5MKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Does one have to be present to win?

WA1LBK likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

It’s right in the very first post along with a link to the full rules

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WA4KCN

WA4KCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. I recall when the 990 was first shown in Dayton. Like everything else when looking backwards, seems like yesterday.

8. G5WCW

G5WCW Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be happy to buy it off them for this.

9. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is operational training included ?

Seems there is more options/buttons on that rig to require the winner to attend training classes.

10. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Then there's all the shipping charges from Ohio to England :) and then probably the import duties into England

11. W8EDW

W8EDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on guys! What a wonderful prize. Why does there always have to be complainers about everything? The actual value? The brand? It's a prize for Cryin' Out Loud!!

KE8QEP likes this.
  12. KE8QEP

KE8QEP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't forget that someone doesn't have to enter, or can refuse the prize. I can't answer your question about why people always have to complain; I wish I knew. It's not even a policy or rule change, it's a totally optional thing to enter. But, it's only 7 pages, long, so that's probably just background noise complaints normal for the forum, if people were really upset there would be up to 50 pages and multiple threads

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  13. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It’s like that joke…

A Mom and son are walking along the beach. A big wave comes out nowhere and washes the boy away. The Mom looks to the sky and screams out loud why God have you taken my son and begs for his return, suddenly another big wave comes out of nowhere and the son is washed ashore safe and sound. The Mom looks to the sky and yells, “He had a hat on.”

o_O

G5WCW likes this.
  14. K9XI

K9XI Ham Member QRZ Page

No.--ART, K9XI

15. K9XI

K9XI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, that is one mighty nice first prize, right there, but I gotta tell you, I'd be happy winning one of the middling prizes. They're that good. Art- K9XI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.