ad: chuckmartin

$20,000 Dream Station Prize at Hamvention 2022

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Apr 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

[​IMG] 776.gallery_02.jpg

For More Information Please Contact: Tim Duffy K3LR, TDuffy@DXEngineering.com

One lucky attendee at Dayton Hamvention® 2022 (May 20-22) will walk away with the largest prize ever offered in the history of the event—an Icom Amateur Radio Dream Station Package worth close to $20,000.

The prize package, which includes an Icom IC-7851 HF/50MHz Transceiver and a long list of station accessories, was donated by DX Engineering in conjunction with Icom America, Platinum Prize Sponsors for Hamvention 2022. You can see the entire prize package at DX Engineering’s website and the complete contest rules here.

“On behalf of the many hams who work so hard to make Hamvention a truly special event, let me offer my most heartfelt gratitude to DX Engineering and Icom America for their Platinum Prize Sponsorship,” said Rick Allnutt, WS8G, Hamvention General Chairman. “We simply can’t give enough thanks to all of our generous sponsors. The Dream Station prize adds even more excitement to what promises to be an amazing three days in Dayton.”

“Hamvention is one of the signature events of the ham radio calendar, and it’s something our team of active operators look forward to every year,” says Tim Duffy, K3LR, DX Engineering Chief Executive Officer. “Being a Platinum Prize Sponsor along with Icom America is our way of giving back to the amateur radio community who has supported us for more than two decades. We can’t wait to see everyone in Dayton to talk about the world’s greatest hobby.”

Visit the Dayton Hamvention 2022 official website for full details about the event.

DX Engineering
    www.dxengineering.com
    800-777-0703

SP8TI, IW2NTD, KB6JFL and 31 others like this.
  2. DK5ONV

DK5ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

K3LR & the whole Dx Engineering Crew R O C K! Your Friend Uncle Guenter said that. 73 from southwest Germany :)

K4KCB, YD0SBX, KB6GFD and 2 others like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Purt' nice!!

W0NM, KD8ISH and W1WH like this.
  4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can dream... About getting $2 million for the land to put the shack and towers ...

KA5ETX, MM7BVP, KF4ZKU and 8 others like this.
  5. AB0R

AB0R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very Nice!

W1WH likes this.
  6. VY1RW

VY1RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice but, what makes this a dream station? For some maybe a Kenwood or a Yaesu might be a dream station.

CO4XT, W2WRX, KD0WGB and 24 others like this.
  7. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

./facepalm

a free 20k radio that you could sell and buy your"dream"......

W2SOX, K7IWW, K4XJ and 29 others like this.
  8. KA6AKH

KA6AKH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If I don't win the Platinum prize, then it was stolen from me. Just saying ...

W2TB, KQ9J, W9DSN and 16 others like this.
  9. W9SSN

W9SSN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see any alternative means of entry into this drawing in the official rules.

K9JLX likes this.
  10. SV1RUX

SV1RUX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What? No linear? Just kidding!

KE0SSM, CE2LE and NN6EE like this.
  11. W9VC

W9VC Ham Member QRZ Page

To win the grand prize do you have to be present?

KF0DHQ, KG5VK and AK5B like this.
  12. VO1XH

VO1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Now,that is awesome!!!

13. KB1ZBA

KB1ZBA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Since when this radio cost 20G? it used to be 12.000 with change.

W2YM likes this.
  14. KE8QEP

KE8QEP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"The prize package, which includes an Icom IC-7851 HF/50MHz Transceiver and a long link of station accessories" If you click on the list you see what's included.

N6HCM, W4KVW, KC0GAN and 1 other person like this.
  15. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Click this link and read the entire list of giveaway products:
    https://www.dxengineering.com/techa...ation-prize-package-at-dayton-hamvention-2022

In most states, if not all, the prize winner recipient is on the hook for the sales tax for the entire typical sales total dollars. For Ohio, sales tax is 5.75% so winner, under typical conditions, would have to cough up $1116.

KE0GXN, K2PRR, K7IWW and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.