ad: ProAudio-1

QRZ Announces New Image Database

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AA8TA

AA8TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Purdy neat! I see one question I had is answered: how to find this from the main page - it's in the Database drop-down.

As far as opting out, I've always thought that any image or word uploaded or posted anywhere, even to a friend's phone, is pretty much out of our control. Thus, think before submitting.

2. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow all of my icon pics are now visible including the one where i am having a brewsky. Thanks fred ....

3. KG5EIU

KG5EIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

This sheds light on a new rule that should be taught in kindergarten:

Never write or upload anything onto the internet that you aren't prepared for the whole world to see, forever.

This isn't QRZ's rule, but a rule of life in the times that we live in.

-fred

KG5EXW, K4KKQ, KD5BVX and 4 others like this.
  5. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What good is it if you CAN'T GET TO IT !!!

6. AB5CW

AB5CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps the image database has been hugged to death? I can't get to it either. It's giving me that same error page.

7. K0ZRK

K0ZRK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's new.
    It may have a bug or two to work out.
    I checked, and my QRZ subscription rate hasn't gone up.
    I'm going to wait to complain until I start paying for it.
    The QRZ staff has done an amazing job, and created a great resource for hams all over the world.
    I don't use all the features they make available, but I don't complain about the ones I don't use. If I check out this new feature and don't like it, I just won't use it any more.

K4KKQ likes this.
  8. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

James,

I was not able to trace why you an a couple of other users were receiving this error, But I think I have fixed it none the less. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

K4KKQ likes this.
  9. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

I find it coincidentally hilarious that the very first thing I searched for was... Cobweb - as in the antenna. And that was before I read through this thread. :p

10. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Think it's great if its sectioned of into different categories, suppose that's up to us to do with the tags.

11. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I love dialing up QRZ and taking a look at the "featured member" as well as the other pics of people and places. I really enjoy looking at different shack layouts .... and I'll see this or that and say, "man, I'd like to set my shack up that way!" Having a repository for ham-radio related pics is just a bonus. Only problem is, with all these shack ideas, it could get expensive re-arranging things too often! :)
    K9CTB

KG5ILR likes this.
  12. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah love the featured member as well you just don't know who's going to be on it, bit like ham radio you just don't know who your next contact might be.
    Think once everyone starts tagging pics on safari which will take time it will be a great reference.
    I Put a few more pics on mine wonder how long it will take before they appear on safari pic so I can tag them.

KC3FWF, W9RLG and K9CTB like this.
  13. KI8W

KI8W Ham Member QRZ Page

Jamie,

Thanks for the info about the search function. I never even noticed that little arrow before. My bad.

Thom KI8W

14. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Are these members photos?
    if so I dont remember giving QRZ permission to share with the world my photos, only registered hams here
    seems if this is the case it might be a violation

W5WTC and W1GVT like this.
  15. K4KID

K4KID Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello to John / W2JLD... look me up. I think you'll like my qrz page.
    73 / Terry

AF6LJ likes this.