ad: CQMM-1

QRZ Announces New Image Database

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG5RJS

KG5RJS Ham Member QRZ Page

What's the point of uploading them if no one can see them?

2. AC2NZ

AC2NZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Looked at a few pages and notice an awful lot of duplicated pictures, quite a few pix of somebody holding a fish, or someone's kid, and what appears to be a bunch of CB cards - which equates to a lot of wasted space. What's the connection between someone holding a fish and amateur radio?

I'll admit that the thumbnails load fairly quickly (even on my dial-up connection) but there's no reason for all the duplication. On page 7 or 8 there are FOUR consecutive shots of one shack! Why? Just because "they are there"? Seems unnecessary to me.

Might be beneficial to cull a few and streamline the whole thing. Just my nickel's worth (allowing for inflation). 73, John

AF6LJ likes this.
  3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I won't claim to actually know the reason for the multiple pictures, they may have been used in more than one place here on the site and forums.

4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

usally for folks that visit our profile whom in most cases I'm talking to

not the general public

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

An individuals QRZ page is just that INDIVIDUAL if you also enjoy fishing why not post pictures of your prized catches or any other interest they may have. If they are a family person why not post pictures of the kids or grand kids. Don't see any calls to do away with threads and post that may also represent wasted space.

AF6LJ likes this.
  6. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it's GREAT! Thank You Fred and the gang at the Zed.
    Now everyone go call CQ.
    73 Art

7. K5JEF

K5JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

I swear, folks get their panties in a wad around here over every thing. I looked to see what photo's were mine in this huge database and found some files I had forgotten that had been uploaded to use at one time or another. Things like old avatars and photos that were part of my page at one time. If you don't like what you see out there go to your settings under your call sign at the top of every qrz page.

Example, I go to my call sign in the qrz menu. In the drop down I see edit K5JEF, click that then click on add or edit your pictures, from there you can delete away and they don't show up in picsafari anymore as far as I can tell. Don't delete the ones that you use on your page.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    KG5EXW likes this.
  8. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent! Great feature, Kudos to the team for keeping the Zed moving forward in a positive direction.

9. AC2NZ

AC2NZ Ham Member QRZ Page

But a "Minion"? Or a dancing chicken? Maybe put the comics in a separate section...
    73, John

10. KK4VRE

KK4VRE Ham Member QRZ Page

...Just a wee bit crank-IEEE today, no? You can approach this very sporadically; you are not compelled to 'scroll through hundreds and hundreds of images', but rather you might tag a picture with a descriptor as you come across it in your interaction on the site ...or not. Storage capacity is dirt cheap these days, so not to worry. Of course you could write the logger programming you seek and submit it to QRZ for consideration, I'm sure they'd welcome it. How about just saying thanks to QRZ for the expanded capabilities of the site, even if it's not your particular cup of dielectric grease?

11. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatever whom did what to IT, the NEW PAGE, IT NOW WORKS FB!!! So some times the "SQUEEKY WHEEL DOES GET THE GREASE!!! ".
    THANKS !!!
    Jim-ee

12. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You're WAY TOO HARSH OB !!! EVERYBODY COMPLAINS ABOUT SUMPT'N, IT'S IN OUR HUMAN NATURE, LOOK @ WASHINGTON D.C!!! :)

13. K6XR

K6XR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

one picture of dk6xr appears in with my pic's of k6xr!!!!

14. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, noticed a picture from VK3XR on my page no big deal.

15. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Much ado about nothing.

K2DFC likes this.