ad: cq2k-1

Yaesu FTM-500D Announced

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI5SAI, Feb 3, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5SAI

KI5SAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Its for real folks!

2. WA7VBA

WA7VBA Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish! Would certainly make more sense with the big VFO knob.

VK5OHR likes this.
  3. N5SMO

N5SMO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The vocoder chip used in that radio, the D74, and the ID51 are near unobtanium and very expensive due in part to a fire in the factory that makes them a few years ago. Hence, new hardware and a shiny new radio to put it all in.

4. N5SMO

N5SMO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

CGM and PGM memories, like on the FT5, which limits you to 3-5 memories for one, and I think 19 for the other. I would much rather have a bank with no limit in size so I can fill it with the likes of Rail freqs, Marine Freqs, all the non local 2m repeaters, all the non local 70cm repeaters, etc like I can do in my older Icoms and even the Yaesu FT5DR. Ok, I will settle for splitting the non local repeater groups into 2 banks since it is close to 170 o so machines.

5. KI5SAI

Can anyone confirm if the BT-85 Bluetooth remote microphone works on the FTM-500? This looks like a nice upgrade.

[​IMG]

6. KI5SAI

Well, M0FXB has confirmed it does work.

7. K0CKK

K0CKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Have we confirmed one way or another yet if the 500 has any type of memory banks?

KI5SAI likes this.
  8. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

hi to all .....

Who is so kind that makes me a summary of the 15 pages? hi hi :)

So how well is okay, no problem or bug?

How sensitivity and intermodulation under external antenna how is it going?

The usual complicated MENUs to use as always by Yaesu? Do you recommend it or ?

tnx 73

9. IU2GEW

IU2GEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

To me is a blunder that Yaesu is not supporting memory banks feature on many of their latests vhf/uhf radio. That’s the reason why I didn’t buy any of them, remaining stuck on my old 7900.

Is puzzling that Yaesu is not supporting such a basic feature to EVERY radio they produce.

ciao.
    Alfredo

KE0GXN likes this.
  10. IW2BSF

in che senso che non supporta i banchi di memoria ?

11. IU2GEW

IU2GEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ti faccio un esempio.
    Immagina di avere in memoria tutti i ponti della Lombardia, Come esempio immaginiamo che siano 50 memorie
    Adesso immagina di voler creare questi banchi:

1 - Tutti i ponti della Lombardia (50 memorie)
    2 - Tutti i ponti della provincia di Bergamo (supponiamo che siano 10 ma sono un "di cui" dei 50 sopra)
    3 - Tutti i ponti VHF della Lombardia (diciamo 25 che sono un di cui dei 50)
    4 - Tutti i ponti delle province di Bergamo e Brescia (diciamo 20, che sono un di cui dei 50 ma 10 di questi sono già nel banco 2)

Ecco, alcune radio Yaesu questo meccanismo lo supportano appunto con i banchi.
    Esempio FT-7900,FT-3D,FT-5D per fare esempi, uno vecchiotto, uno intermedio e l'altro recente.

A quanto ho visto, ma potrei sbagliarmi, l'ultima radio che supporta questo meccanismo è appunto la FT-5D.
    Per me è un errore grossolano da parte di Yeasu.
    73 de IU2GEW Alfredo

12. IW2BSF

ok...strano che in una radio NUOVA ... si siano dimenticati di metterlo, hi hi ! 73

13. W2PMS

W2PMS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased the FTM-500 and returned it after a few days. It has a serious issue with DTMF. It does not properly encode DTMF tones. I discovered the issue by watching a series of videos on the subject by Ham Radio Crusader that highlight the issue. I confirmed it myself by trying to control my Allstar node with DTMF commands sent by the FTM-500, and they did not work. I also called Yaesu myself, and they are aware of the issue, and say they'll fix it in a firmware update. They couldn't say when that would be.

KE0GXN likes this.