ad: HamHats-1

The YouTuber’s Hamfest 2021 - May 28-30

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark,

I did not make fun of anyone (that is the meaning of 'deride'). You are correct that I, and others, think the scheduling is a problem given a major contest weekend at the same time. In fact, this youtube hamfest event(s) is, to my knowledge, the first major hamfest scheduling conflict with a major on the air event.

Surely you agree that major on the air events should be emphasized, and not compromised (for example), for the longevity and spectral use of Part 97?

The bigger issue is 'what is ham radio'? If we start looking at each other as in different camps, and, as in the case here, use aggressive, deprecating (or worse) personal tactics because someone disagrees, and pigeon hole them as being in some 'opposite' camp, then where are we?

Now be nice and move on.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not everyone is interested in the same things. Not everyone will be involved with the contest. You’re implying that they will but they won’t. Therefore, no real conflict. Already explained.

The hamfest will be just fine. And we know the contest will. Many want nothing to do with contests. This will be a nice alternative. Others live for contests. That’s cool!

I agree with you on deciding to be nice now. Thanks!

AA5BK, K2NCC and VK7HH like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.