ad: Retevis-1

ON4UN Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7RY, Nov 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. EA5IZI

EA5IZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I learned a lot from reading his book. His contribution to the amateur radio world is immense and his memory will remain etched in our memories. May he rest in peace.
    ON4KSB, EA5IZI

2. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We have lost one of the best. RIP OM ON4UN.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  3. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Made many QSO's with John, always a pleasant voice to hear on the air. He will be missed.

Rest in peace OM,

Max
    VE3TMT

4. VE7PDX

VE7PDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked ON4UN many times over the past several decades, He will be missed, R.I.P John ...-.-
    And Marleen, may the Lord grant you & your family peace, during this time of bereavement.
    73/99
    Roland, VE7PDX / VA7RA

KF4ZKU likes this.
  5. N2OTG

N2OTG Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad indeed and condolences to the family. I learned so much from his books, even as a SWL, and enjoyed working John on CW. The radio world will never be the same. RIP.

6. OP1B

OP1B Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.P John, thank you for your contributions to ham radio !
    Bernie
    O P 1 B - ON4AT

7. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

An honor to meet him in a contest. This fine gentleman will be missed by the UBA and the entire ham world.

8. KB7LMT

KB7LMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Iv'e had several QSO'S with John and he was a genuine operator. Paper QSL which seems to be more rare these days. My condolences to his family and friends. 73 John.

9. W9JPM

W9JPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad News. I had many QSO's with John he will be missed, his knowledge will be remember for ever. RIP my friend.

10. W4CG

W4CG Ham Member QRZ Page

My sincere condolences to John's jamily. It was very sad to hear of his passing. John was a gentleman and a patient mentor that gave so much to the ham radio community - from antenna technology to best operating practices. Rest in Peace, John.
    Bruce W4CG

11. WD4IKI

WD4IKI Ham Member QRZ Page

Many contacts over the years. Lots of memories. Very sad to hear.

12. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

John, tu es parti trop vite aux pays des longues antenne...

13. KF4ZKU

KF4ZKU Ham Member QRZ Page

14. KF4ZKU

KF4ZKU Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his wife and family, although I don’t operate on top band
    I do quite a bit of listening as well as on the Am bcb very noisy here in Fl especially when you live in an townhouse, Several years ago I searched on the on the web for some toroid designs to home brew Balun boxes for Ewe antennas. His designs helped me hear some good dx on Am and tropical bands as well as top band. His expertise will be sorely missed RIP John Delvedere ON4UN.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  15. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad indeed. Have his books, and they helped me a lot, especially the low bands.
    Made a contact and obtained a card from him many years ago.

Rest in peace OM