ad: elecraft

ON4UN Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7RY, Nov 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4WSZ

W4WSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember years ago working on one of his antennas for 80 meters. Trying to get it up and working before dark. With it was ready to test, I called cq......to my surprise ON4UN came back to me.
    When I related what had happened, John replied "that's the way it supposed to work".
    He will be missed for sure.

W4WSZ

2. KG4Y

KG4Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

John was a gift to ham radio as much as it was to him. He shared kindly the things he knew and learned. On the few occasions that I met him on the air, I always found him so pleasant. I am saddened that he is gone, but grateful to have been a benefactor of his life's love with amateur radio in his books and working him on the air with the antennas he inspired me to build. Rest in eternal peace, John Devoldere.

3. KO4PJW

KO4PJW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Condolences....

4. N1DZ

N1DZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sad news. John was a giant in amateur radio. His books opened up a world for many of us. Low band DXing became popular due to John.
    Amateur radio will forever be thankful for his contributions.
    Over the years I had several QSO's with John on CW and SSB and he was always an example of ham radio etiquette.
    His paper on ham radio ethics is a must read for everyone. https://www.hamradio-operating-ethics.org/the-story/
    Farewell and my condolences to his family.

N1DZ