ad: ProAudio-1

ON4UN Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7RY, Nov 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to hear that, he will be missed.

2. IW2ILQ

IW2ILQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

this people are our Maestro and our memory.
    May he rest in peace and make a lot of super dx from the highest place were he can be!
    A blessing to the family.

Fr. Fabrizio - IW2ILQ

W7UUU likes this.
  3. N7SGM

N7SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad news indeed. My sincere condolences to John's family. John was a gentleman and outstanding ham radio personality. All who enjoyed DXing knew the sound of his voice before he ever identified himself. It was just that way. I will never forget my very first QSO with John. He probably didn't realize my excitement but it was genuine. Over the years when I was active in HF I had several contacts with John and he always sent me a QSL card without me requesting one. That's just the kind of man he was. We've lost one of the very best in Amateur Radio. Rest in peace ON4UN, Mr. John Devoldere.

AK5B likes this.
  4. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Last time we talked was during the last cycle in 13 on ten meters. It was about 11 am and it was a great opening, sounded like he was in the room. I believe he said he was running an elecraft. I was surprised to see he lived on a small lot packed with antennas, I always assumed he was in the country with acreas of land.

When I got my license way back in 1984, he was a ham radio rockstar with his dx expertise....

AK5B likes this.
  5. W1QZ

W1QZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad to hear, he was a great inspiration to all, we'll miss you John.

6. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Always sad to lose one of our own. Father's are irreplaceable. I'm proud to have him in my logbook on two sperate occasions operating as WM7WM.

Rest in peace, Sir.

one final 73-

Wes W3KW

KF4ZKU and KG4BFR like this.
  7. KF5VDX

KF5VDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked him once on 10 meters! was down a couple KCs his frequency before the start of a CQ Dx contest and remember his kind words to another operator that started tuning just between John and I.....just a kind request for him to move. Class Act all the way.....God Bless John and Condolences to his family and friends. Garry KF5VDX

AK5B and KG4BFR like this.
  8. KG4BFR

KG4BFR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ON4UN de KG4BFR 73 till we meet again

9. VE3REJ

VE3REJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had QSO a couple of years ago with John on 20m testing my homebrew antenna.
    We will miss HIM a LOT.
    Rest in peace dear John....My condolence to family and friends.
    ....de Ed VE3REJ

10. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

JOHN ON4UN...Worked him 160,80 and 40 meters. He had a very,very powerful signal on 160! I have more qsl cards from him than any other operator on any band!

11. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's sad news. I worked John on several occasions, either CW or sideband. He was a monument to the hobby. Godspeed, John

12. NN3Y

NN3Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He will be missed, R.I.P.

13. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never met or made a contact with John, but I'm very thankful to have Low-Band DXing on my shelf.

RIP John, thank you for your contributions to radio.

14. AE0X

AE0X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One of my first contacts in '92. Thanks John.
    RIP

15. K0RVB

K0RVB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So sad to hear of John's passing.
    I worked John on 10 meters numerous times and he was always a very strong presence and signal.
    I learned a lot from John and will miss him greatly.
    John was and is "A Hams Ham".
    You will be sorely missed and a great loss to the ham community.
    Farewell my friend. The conditions are always on now for you now.
    You are a perfect example of a true ham.
    73 my friend.

John K0RVB