ad: elecraft

Newest CW Kit

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Dec 15, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

===== Thank_you_hand_writing.gif
    upload_2022-12-29_21-50-52.png

happy-new-year-colorful-animation (1).gif

GM4JPZ and N0JRK like this.
  2. W0MN

W0MN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But you cannot get on without a license. Lots of ops on air do ot math your speed or are bad senders. I would say CWOPS CWACADEMY is the best way to become good.

K9NUD likes this.
  3. W0MN

W0MN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But you cannot get on without a license. Lots of ops on air do not match your speed or are bad senders. I would say CWOPS CWACADEMY is the best way to learn. Real on the air is really needed to get the real experience once you are good.

Contesting will get you there once you are reasonable although that can be very frustrating, especially tryig to run. Probably best not to expect much before you reach > 30WPM, EXCEPT there are the SST and MST of CWOPS. Great way to improve.

K9NUD likes this.
  4. K9NUD

K9NUD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with you about CW Academy, Gil. In fact, I took the advanced class in 2021, and I just worked my instructor today (he was activating a summit.) I have also instructed two beginner classes. But my encouragement is to get on the air as soon as you know the characters. Other ops will slow down. Just make sure you know the question mark and "QRS" an you'll be fine. I recommend hanging around at 7110 +/- where slower CW is common. Endless training is not the best way to proficiency, and it's nowhere near as fun.

K5BDH and N0NC like this.