ad: Retevis-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W7AE

W7AE Guest

Really glad to see the FCC start cleaning up some of these frequencies. Need to get those sexual predators unlicensed also.

2. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

SWEET DEAL

3. K4YZ

K4YZ Guest

Hey Jim! Long time...

I can't understand why people go to the effort of actually studying for a license, investing the time and money and installing the station, only to jeopardize their finances and personal reputations by acting-a-fool on-the-air. I just don't get it. I only hold my family's security and well being closer than I do the privileges of my Amateur license and my Airman's certificate. We have so much at our fingertips, yet some idiots just take these resources for granted.

Steve Robeson, K4YZ
    Winchester, TN

4. W6SDM

W6SDM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice! Now if Industry Canada takes out that blowhard up there, life will be good again.

5. VE6UX/SK2022

VE6UX/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

ah good, right on!!!

6. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

FINALLY!!!!!! Now maybe we can get the Canadian authorities to take care of the "other" Problem.

7. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

An amateur license is a PRIVALIGE and not a RIGHT. Maybe with all the politician garbage being thrown around and being brainwashed by all those media channels out here but we amateur radio operators need to be reminded we are accountable for our actions including speech over the airwaves. We need to be respectful of what we say for just because our family might accept or have accepted what we say others might not want hear your frustration over the airwaves and i pray the FCC enforcement's teeth are growing back strong.

8. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Frankly, I will be surprised if either pays any fines, or any fines remotely associated with the shock value amounts noted in the postings. I think it will be held up in litigation for some time to follow. I did hear thru the grapevine that this "action" was to get the attention of the other individuals that carry on in romper room and that something is afoot with spineless Canada to implement action against one of the two known Canadian clowns. I think if the disgusting idiot from up North is taken down, a whole lot of this activity will have little reason to exist.

I have heard recordings of him talking about sexual issues, bowel movements, child sex, support of terrorism in NA, killing people, the FCC Commissioner in a very disgusting and vile discussion, etc. To me, that is far far out there and that needs to be nipped.

Will see what transpires of the many months to follow.

I can remember a time when the Feds had white vans that now and then one would see in a neighborhood. Kinda like a cop patrolling, makes everyone slow down regardless if they are in the speed limit. It helps.

9. KU4GW/SK2023

KU4GW/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Now if only Industry Canada would follow suit and do something about the "nutcase" VE7KFM Carol Madera's on the air escapades on the 20 meter band! Yeehaw! Couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk than KZ8O! Considering his ignoring of prior warnings all the way back to when Hollingsworth was the Special Council for FCC Enforcement, I hope they don't grant him a reduction in his fine of one red cent! Some people don't believe crap stinks until you rub it under their nose, but you can sure enough get their attention when you hit them in the wallet! Don't take my word for it though, just ask K1MAN Glenn Baxter! Reference: http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-invokes-red-light-rule-in-denying-k1man-license-renewal-application You know what? If the FCC keeps this up amateur radio may get back to it's good old days of self-policing, but they can't do it without FCC action when required.

10. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

So, does that mean Baxter can become relicensed and obtain a new callsign I wonder....
    Heard he was still transmitting also...

11. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed! 15+ years is way too long for action to have been taken. 6 months would've been more acceptable however, it is obvious this guy did not care how many written warnings he received. Not only should he have lost his ticket, his gear should have been confiscated as well. I really hope the commission comes down hard and in a much more timely manner when ever such a complaint is made to them. Great job!!!!

12. K3AN

K3AN Ham Member QRZ Page

Listen to 7.185 in the mornings, the FCC has been monitoring a few there, not just 313!.

13. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Steve!

There are probably as many reasons as there are people.

One might as well wonder why someone would pay good money for a motor vehicle and then drive it in an unsafe manner. Or pay good money for a house and then not take care of it.

14. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, until he pays or otherwise has his fine(s) taken care of, the answer is... no. Any application from him for a new license would be subject to the "Red Light" rules & be flagged for review, due to the outstanding fines.

Which is not to say that there aren't other ways he could get on the air [besides the obvious -- blatantly transmit without a valid license, which he is, allegedly, currently doing, and (if true) will get him into even MORE hot water with the FCC, but never mind that]. I can think of at least 4, but I'd rather not say what they are, lest I give anyone ideas that they hadn't previously thought of.
    I have been told by (now retired) FCC staff in the past that it's not always that simple, these days.

Their resources are very limited, and they simply don't have the manpower or time to monitor the Amateur bands like they did in the past. Even so, simply monitoring the frequencies is not enough, lest the miscreants claim (in court and/or before an administrative law judge and/or equivalent) that it wasn't them, but someone impersonating them. Or playing recordings, or...

They need to put together a near-air tight case before they can crack down. And my source indicated that they weren't any happier about it.

That's why, when you read these letters, or similar letters (when they catch the bootleg FM broadcasters and so forth), you'll see explicit details about who monitored, where they were, how they triangulated, when they knocked on the door, what was observed... sometimes it goes into boring detail (especially in the documentation that the letters refer to), but it is necessary to show that they don't THINK they got the right schmuck, but that the KNOW they did -- and HOW they can prove it.

So why did it take 15 years? I'm sure that there are a lot of reasons, most of which we will never know. But I'd be willing to wager, apples to oranges, that the number of complaints to the FCC about the antics going on, on this infamous frequency, on a near daily basis, finally reached the threshold & passed the point between "this is a nuisance that will take care of itself" and "this is a problem with now have to deal with."

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC is doing what we asked them to do...enforce the law against violations.

K1MAN apparently is NOT OTA anymore and has no license to operate amateur radio in the US.

I would be interested to know if Brian's station has remote capability...is it possible someone else sent those transmissions from his station without his awareness?

Chip W1YW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.