ad: ProAudio-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If going after fools that play music, animal noises and don't ID is a selective witch hunt, then yes, it is possible.

2. KG4ERL

KG4ERL Ham Member QRZ Page

Good! About time.

3. W8VIJ

W8VIJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

People do not arbitrarily get picked off by the FCC. They work hand in hand with FCC sectional managers who are amateur operators too. I would like to see more of these LIDS taken off the air. They are a discredit to the amateur radio community. :cool:

4. N1SZ

N1SZ QRZ Lifetime Member #233 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

5. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

No kidding! That's great!! Maybe they really are starting to take 313 more seriously! Can 7.255 be next? :)

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W1XWX

W1XWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you FCC and 73.

8. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Well, I don't know about KZ8O, I know he goes back a ways...there (from what I understand) are a host of folks that jam, etc. on there, and not just KZ8O or K3VR. To me, from times past, there are some very vile individuals on there, and I feel something may be coming for the clowns in Canada too, along with some of the other tips of that iceberg that is melting fast....

Sure hope this gets their attention and they change their ways....otherwise...well, you reap what you sow....

9. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nets sometimes attract such spoilers. There are people who want to make sure other don't get DX this way (I've heard them yell it's not an honest way to do it) and there are some who just seem like little kids bullying others in a playground. When I was on the County Hunters' net we had one loony who disrupted things so regularly--giving his call every time--that I suggested we make him a member! Fortunately the feds finally yanked his license, but it took years.

10. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

WAC net is the guys on 7178, right?

11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FCC should get the fine, his license, and ALL the radio equipment - including power supplies and antennas. And if he gets more radio stuff and transmits with it, another fine and confiscation of the new equipment too.

IMHO

12. KB7AA

KB7AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good riddance to this clown!! Only a "clown" on here due to my real word for this crappy piece of meat might get me fined!!!....de Jerry w7tns

13. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I shouldn't take the bait, but....

Communications equipment has been readily subject to forfeiture for at least 75 years, if not more. This has resulted from public need for it at times such as WW I and II, and from its great potential for abuse and harm to the public, as in the case of the clown in question. If anything, the government, whose services I pay for and use, has been far too lax in this regard in the last 20-30 years. OSISI.

As for QRM:
    There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse.
    John Locke

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. W0MT

W0MT Ham Member QRZ Page

What I'll never understand is what causes these clowns to act as they do. Is it dementia or some other mental dysfunction. I can't image what joy they get by being obnoxious jerks. The good news is that the FCC is nailing some of them; the bad news is that there are many more to go.

73 de Robert, W0MT

15. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian Crow K3VR has also been fined $11,000. Glad the FCC has finally taken a stand here. Now we know their real purpose .. And anybody who's been on this forum defending either of these ying tangs should be ashamed of themselves.

about 5 years too late however...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.