ad: CQMM-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W4RPE

W4RPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Every time I hear them it makes me want to throw my radio out the window. But then I get a hold of my self and calm down. I am glad to see the FCC is getting around to hitting these fools with some good fines. Just wish they would take their call and all there gear.

2. AC2OE

AC2OE Ham Member QRZ Page

A very suitable quote for the situation from John Locke!

3. KB3PHL

KB3PHL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There's alot more of these people they need to go after. Especially for the recruitment of new people into the hobby. You tell people who show interest in the hobby that it's not like the nonsense on CB, only to have to eat your words because of these ignorant jerks misbehaving on the radio. They should never be allowed to ever have another license or to own amateur radio equipment.

4. WB3ATF

WB3ATF Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally these morons are getting their due! It's quite obvious that shortly after Karol Madera signs on the air to have a QSO, the idiots like KZ8O come out of the woodwork to intentionally throw carriers on him or whoever he is communicating with! Hopefully more of these idiots will be cited and fined! Slow work on the FCCs part, however, finally enforcement actions are taking place!

5. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good deal. This guy is the former ND8V and I am glad to see he got nailed.

6. W8JJ

W8JJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's a good start. Are they taking requests?

7. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    <tbody>[TR="class: dark"]
    [TD="align: left"][/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: light"]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]
    I don't know anything about KZ8O, but I also received an NAL and I can assure you it's complete and utter crap. If you read it, you'll see there's no evidence in my case other than a "signal heard" in my neighborhood, an inspection that occurred hours after the signals heard, and if you look even closer, they heard SSTV and a recording of another amateur, but they never heard me transmitting at all!

If we all examine the numerous stories about Fast and Furious; Benghazi; IRS; Immigration Failures; the VA scandal; etc., we really have to wonder about gov't hiring practices.

Key words: "apparent liability"

Also - this was written not by Laura Smith, but by a PA District Director (Dave Dombrowski) who I'm not acquainted with, who was directed to my location by the same detractors who have perpetrated hoaxes against several hams for a number of years. Amusingly, he included an upward adjustment of $3,500 for a Warning letter that was never issued. This is the same gung-ho commando who contacted Fred AA7BQ a number of years ago about "illegal radios" for sale.

de K3VR [/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

8. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fellows, Glen Baxter is still on the air ten years after his NAL of $10,000. Most of you making comments won't be alive when these fines are paid, if they ever are. I don't know either of these guys and have never spoken to them. So I, like 99% of you, haven't a dog in this race. The reason I say this is most of you, as I, have never keyed up on 14.313. Unless you happen to be some of the unidentified nit noids playing tapes and making noise that is. You just want to bitch about what goes on there. Who cares? However, you do listen, don't you? Like a train wreck, you just have to watch. Pitiful.

9. NM0O

NM0O Ham Member QRZ Page

This must be a very angry and sad little man. To throw away one's good name is horrible and unnecessary. And $22,000 is nothing to sneeze at.

I got my license to have fun and meet people, and I've been doing those things happily for 35 years. It's unimaginable that I would simply toss out all that work and my reputation by doing what this guy and his buds have been doing on the air.

Jon

10. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

By all means keep having fun. If people want to flush their tickets down the drain, what's it to you? Last comment on this subject. Like the Kennedy assassination, you'll never convince people the silly little Communist did it.

11. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

APRIL FOOLS has been over for a while & so many know that Mad Mike has been at it a long time on 14.275 & 14.313 so hold the BS down it's getting deep! That was Funny though.I bet Carla-VE7KFM is laughing her butt off tonight. hehe haha LOL {:>)

12. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

I think K3VR could easily pay his "fine" which I am certain will be much different then the shock value posted here, along with KZ8Os which will likely be greatly reduced. What the Feds should do, IMHO, is get with Canada to shut the catalyst (cyst on amateur radio) in NW VE Land and get that cleaned up. I think the rest would dissolve. Leave the catalyst there and he will undoubtedly get recruits which will carry on, and the torch will continue to burn. I don't doubt there is mischief there, but man, that has been the case for decades and when one goes down, another pops up...how do you win? Enforcement that takes 10 years numbs the pain and the nonsense goes on.

The Feds may be moving in a proper direction but I think the folks they could clean out are still out there, unnamed, at the moment...these two individuals are small fry...

13. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

A few years ago I heard a speech by the author Tom Wolfe. His take is that too many public figures have lost their sense of shame. Now society's standards do change, and maybe it's good to cut down on the hypocrisy. Yet to have politicians, actors and the like being caught doing things that to an earlier generation would have been devastating...and then come back and act as though nothing much happened, I agree with Wolfe that is just plain wrong. Blatant spousal cheating, tax evasion to the point of jail, acting crazy in public, and on right to the legalized bribery common in Congress today, that is what gets discovered far too often. Of course most people don't do these things, and wouldn't if they could. But of those who do and get caught, darn few are sincerely apologetic and even fewer quietly retire from their positions. If that's the way things are then why should the bad amateur ops care about their honor? Sad about these folks, but as this discussion shows there aren't many of them in the ham community.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. WO4L

WO4L Ham Member QRZ Page

The Whole shebang on 14.313 should receive a big fine and have their licenses revoked PERIOD... this has been going on for so many years its not even funny. Glad to know the FCC is listening.. so gentleman keep interfering and make sure you give those callsigns.. you will be found and removed ..if not now later..

15. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

There's been more than a few times I've run into folks who have gotten their hands on a mic and a transmitter on the amateur bands and they've behaved like complete jack@$$es, cursing and just being generally ignorant and vulgar. So reading a story like this is good. I just hope they keep the enforcement up. 73s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.