ad: elecraft

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Other than anyone on the web knowing where your gear is located.... where your family sleeps...
    where your cars are and all the other stuff that might be of value.

My QRZ/FCC address is a PO Box and has been for a long long time.

Oh, and I've never done anything untoward or illegal.

I have nothing to worry about.

Dave
    W7UUU

2. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

There are many other ways for people to find where you're at. Your ham radio license will be the least of your worries when it comes to that department.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

So why make it easy?

Dave
    W7UUU

4. N1FM

N1FM Guest

5. N1FM

N1FM Guest

Oswald are you using this forum to take shots at me? I have been a ham for over 35 years longer than when you first got your code-less General and without a single FCC waring. You are loyal to VE7KFM just the readers know, http://www.ve7kfm.com/w3dub.html . For the record Junior, I do not Jam, I id on time, every 8 minute to be exact, run well under legal limit. I may not always discuss colpitts oscillators or antenna design but I am always within part 97. I equate the FCC to a radar cop at the end of the road. If the speed limit is 45 and I am doing 40, the you can't write me a ticket. You may not like my style, my hair, good looks, type of car and so on but If I am not breaking any part 97 rules, then go look somewhere else. Ed please don't use the best amateur radio site in the world to be a sounding board for Karol since he is banned from here.
    De N1FM, 20 wpm Extra.

6. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Bye bye Tom, nobody cares. You've also been cited as well in the past... the joke is up. Considering you are associated with both the individuals here who've been cited and now fined, I don't think anyone on 275, including yourself is far behind. Thanks for the popularity on YOUR website, but hmm, somebody sits here never written to, cited, nor fined, while the other one who's trying to attack has as well as his group of friends.

7. K7JQA

K7JQA Ham Member QRZ Page

This makes me happy :) I hope they take on the rest of the bunch soon. Thanks for posting Fred.

8. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I was under the impression this site does not allow personal attacks. This W3DUB has about 15 posts the last two days that are all personal attacks. What's up with that?

9. N1FM

N1FM Guest

Ed I thought that you of all people being a journalist would know not to put unverified information in a writing.. I have never been cited or warned by the FCC ever in the 35 years of being a ham. Produce your cite or shut up.. A basic MLA format writing would require you to do so. Is this why you no longer work for mainstream media and blog so you distort and lie?

10. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd hate to have that written into the law. Most of my transmissions are made from places with no postal mailing address. I often operate mobile, handheld, or picnic table portable from roads, parks, trails, and campgrounds. About a month ago there was a Field Day event where a few other hams did likewise. I don't think that's untoward, but it sounds like you'd prefer to make that illegal.

I know other operators who live in antenna-restricted dwellings, and who cannot transmit from their home where they receive mail. There are operators who live full-time on a boat or RV, and who can't get mail delivered to the location where they live, because they don't live at a fixed location. Are you saying those people shouldn't be allowed to hold ham licenses?

No, I think the present rules are working OK. It doesn't appear that the use of a PO box made it too hard for the authorities to find the problem.

11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It used to be like that, years ago. But...think about the practicalities of today.

Suppose a ham has a residence in one place and a vacation house someplace else. Which location goes on the license? Suppose a ham operates mobile or portable....how is that handled? In the case of remote stations, which are becoming more common, is the location that of the transmitter, or the control point?

There are many other cases.

In practice, all the FCC really cares about is having a mailing address on file, so they can send you mail. That's because they can find a transmitter in a very short time, if they really want to.

12. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

I am somewhat old fashioned in that respect. My FCC info shows my station location, and I still log every contact. I know the rules have changed, but I was used to it.

13. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Theresa lotta comment's QRZed on there and lotsa NSFW!!!

14. W7MMQ

W7MMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do you have in your signature 20WPM Extra. You feel a need for people to know your not no code? Just wondering

15. KB2DX

KB2DX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For those that want to get a hold of Industry Canada regarding that Canadian ham...

Start here with an FAQ from the RAC: https://www.rac.ca/en/amateur-radio/regulatory/enforcement/

Contact information to the local district office: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/en/sf01742.html

The more people that report to IC, then Canadian enforcement can get going.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.