It's Ham Vs.Ham As Radio Amateurs Are In Conflict At ARRL

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KX4OM, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice dodge. Substantiate your claim.

Look up the definitions of "liable" and "defamation." You may have been avoiding sending membership dues to Newington since the 70s, but could be ordered to send money their way in the future.

I'll repeat for emphasis: Substantiate your claim.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. WN1MB

Not a valid defense in a court of law.

3. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never happened. Your confused memory coupled with the desire to smear ARRL at any cost results in false claims that will be endlessly repeated. (Member since 1978).

WU8Y, N2EY and WN1MB like this.
  4. WB4IME

WB4IME Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know of a free website for past issues ? I'll do the research.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No. You have to be a member. Which I'm pretty sure you're not.

I just did a keyword search of the ENTIRE QST ARCHIVE in the section called "Advertisers Index" for the name of that awful organization which I refuse to type here, and came back with NOTHING. ZIP. Tried the acronym, spelled out, added periods between the letters. NOTHING.

What a RIDICULOUS and utterly false and hateful claim. You really should be ashamed for making up awful stuff like that just to try to make some point about an ax you have to grind

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    WU8Y, N2EY and WN1MB like this.
  6. WN1MB

Better yet, visit ARRL. Even though you're not a member, they'll welcome you, give you a tour of both the main building and W1AW. Bring your license so you can operate W1AW, too - even if you're not a member.

I bet you they'll even let you search their electronic and "analog" archives.

7. WB4IME

No axe to grind and nothing against ARRL except for what I mentioned. No one has to believe me. That's fine. I know what the truth is and I stated it. I would still be a member, probably a life member if it were not for their decision so many years ago. I respect your views in light of the absence of the printed ads. I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll find it eventually. 73

8. WN1MB

Correction: "the truth" you believe to be so is your memory of the event - and that isn't necessarily "the truth."

Suggestion: consider adopting a prefaced caveat of "If memory serves..." to such remembered truths.

We look forward to seeing your substantiating evidence.

And 73 to you.

9. WB4IME

"Suggestion: consider adopting a prefaced caveat of "If memory serves..." to such remembered truths."

You say it your way ... I'll say it mine. I wouldn't presume to tell someone else how to talk. Have a great day. 73

10. K2WPM

K2WPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats to N2RJ and the other insurgents who won. I for one am renewing, and will do what I can to make ARRL great again. David, K2WPM