ad: CQMM-1

Its final - amateur service license fees are coming...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NN3W, Dec 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're in an income bracket that received a $600 stimulus payment, use it to fund your renewal fees.

It'll hold you over for the next 170 years.. :rolleyes:

W7TAX, KN4QDE, N3FAA and 2 others like this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of astounding stupidity ... classic opportunism to take a cheap shot at ARRL and members alike. Try being more creative next time.

W6SAE, K5WW, WB0ZRD and 8 others like this.
  3. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

$35 to get your Technicians ticket. Doesn't include upwards of $20 more if the VEC charges.
    $35 to get your 1x3 vanity license.
    $35 when you upgrade to General. Doesn't include upwards of $20 more if the VEC charges.
    $35 when you upgrade to Extra. Doesn't include upwards of $20 more if the VEC charges.
    $35 to get your 1x2 vanity license.

$175 + $35 every 10 years (assuming they don't up the rate again, which they could).

Damn I'm glad I did all that before this went into effect. :rolleyes:

W5CBP and KV4BL like this.
  4. 4O6LEE

4O6LEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, those are pretty different systems, with pretty different philosophies of its citizens. I suppose it’s the price you pay for social security and health care, nothing more. I don’t exactly know how the health care and social security programs in US are functioning, but I suppose again you get to the same level of (self)taxation when you are using these.
    Then again, I still can get my license free, even if I’m not paying my taxes ( I would be taking that exam in prison, but hey). It can’t get more free than that, can it?

Sorry for long response and going off topic
    73 de Dušan

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  5. W8NGA

W8NGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K5WW likes this.
  6. KE5OA

KE5OA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well crap! LOL:)

7. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

1B774914-E104-4F3E-A4D6-2E00A48E7180.gif

N5AF and WN1MB like this.
  8. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

It won't cost you $175 + $35 every 10 years. It will cost you only $35 every ten years for a RENEWAL.

W7TAX and W5CBP like this.
  9. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Haven't had that one yet but I believe you meant Glenmorangie... and some aged bottles run $180 or so.

Slange,

Jeff

10. KM6CS

KM6CS Ham Member QRZ Page

When will it take effect?

11. W9HJ

Incorrect, read the bill yourself or the ARRL report. It's $35 every time you get or upgrade your license. Not to mention vanity numbers. And yes, $35 every 10 years after you first get your ticket.

12. W9HJ

Unknown at this time. By law it has to be AT LEAST 30 days after the initial posting, which was 2 days ago. But no effective date was announced as of yet.

13. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing fancy. I have a bottle of Johnnie Walker double black now. Occasionally I'll splurge for the green label. I've tried some of the Glenmorange and thought it was good.

14. KI4ZUQ

KI4ZUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

See the picture? The avatar picture to your left. That is the side of you next to the door of your car when you are in the drivers seat. The top radio is the 400 dollar chinese clone of the mcHF SDR radio. The one on the bottom is a K2 Elecraft 600 bucks in 2009. I don't/won't spend thousands on any radio and that is not really the point, is it!

AF5XF likes this.
  15. AF5XF

AF5XF Ham Member QRZ Page

if not for the ARRL it might be $50 instead of $35

W6SAE and KI4ZUQ like this.