ad: CQMM-1

Info Needed on Ham License Plates

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD7GXU

KD7GXU Ham Member QRZ Page

In Wyoming the plates cost $35, and are considered a vanity type plate. It is only a one time fee though.

Jason kd7gxu

2. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

The State of Texas requires a $2.00 fee when applying
    and a $1.00 per year renewal fee. Cecil, W5DXP

3. W9AJR

W9AJR Ham Member QRZ Page

The last time I purchsed a ham plate in Indiana it was $20, half price to personalized plates.
    Dave
    W9AJR
    Evansville, IN

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The State of Texas offers a Amateur Radio tag.
    The initial cost (If I remember correctly) is $3.00 and
    $1.00 per year thereafter.
    The tag says (at the top) Radio Operator
    I've had mine for 2-3 years now.

Mark (N2OKT)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

In WISCONSIN, Amateur license plate fees are a one time, $10.00 (ten) dollars, and then amateur license
    plates are renewable, just like regular auto plates

Ronald F. Terry-N9VGI
    Milwaukee, WI

6. N7VR

N7VR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Fred,

Attached is the Law as it appears in the 2000 Montana Code. It was passed several years ago.

The web Site for the Montana Code is:
    http://statedocs.msl.state.mt.us/cgi-bin....rame_Pg

The Law Specifies only a 5.00 extra charge (61-3-422-4)

Please note that it requires a listing to be sent and maintained at the Chief of the Highway Patrol, Sherrif, Police Chief and DES Departments at least once per Year(61-3-424).

This is where we get a secondary check on our vehicles when arriving at an incident. If, as all good hams should, you have your Drivers Liciense and Ham Liciense on you when you arrive, They can verify you from the listing. This allows them a level of comfort in knowing you are who you are and have been certified by the FCC to operate in these conditions.

With the above, many of the DES, Law Enforcement, and Fire organizations are very helpful and cooperative. They help with ID badges, ICS Training, Equipment, etc.

Jim Fuller N7VMR
    MT Section Emergency Coordinator.

7. KG4KPG

KG4KPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Georgia charges $20 for the standard auto tag plus an ad-velorum tax [​IMG]. For HAM radio tags they waive the $20.00 fee so you just pay the tax. Takes about 8 weeks to get the tag after you request it.

8. KZ5CA

KZ5CA Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in florida my call sign plate costs me an extra 10.00
     no big deal, BUT, the state is using what should be Considered federal prerogative, IE: the use of what is normally an amateur call, for general use, and if an amateur , duly licensed , requests the tag, then it is recalled and a different tag issued to the other person. Kind of stupid in my mind.!!!
      kz5ca

9. KS7F

KS7F Ham Member QRZ Page

THE STATE OF WASHINGTON HAS $8 ONE TIME CHARGE FOR HAM CALL LICENSE PLATES. YEARLY LICENSE FEES ARE APPLICABLE. STATE WILL REQUIRE PROOF EVERY TEN YEARS OF HOLDING CURRENT FCC HAM RADIO LICENSE WITH CALLSIGN PRIOR TO ISSUE OF LICENSE RENEWAL NOTICE.

10. WA4WAY

WA4WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Pinellas  county florida  In year  2000  I was going to receive a new  tag  automaticly so  -- filled  out  special form  they  gave me, and paid extra  one time fee of  $5. nice looking  tag-- was very pleased.

11. N1DKF

N1DKF Ham Member QRZ Page

In RI the plates are free...almost! When you change over you are required to renew the registration. You can schedule so the changeover comes along at renewal time; however this usually occurs every 2 years.

73 N1DKF, Syl

12. W4MSL

W4MSL Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

"First time applications must be handled by mail. You must certify on the application that you hold an unrevoked and unexpired amateur radio license of a renewable nature as issued by the Federal Communications Commission. The fee for the plate is $2.00 plus the registration fee."

Source:
    http://www.scdps.org/dmv/specialty.html

13. Guest

Guest Guest

In Wisconsin you must provide a copy of your license and the cost is $15.00 the first time and then there is no more expense just the regular license fee. A person must request amateur radio plates and enclose a copy of the amateur license. If not done correctly a extra cost of $15.00 is added to the license fee each year.

14. KG4OGU

KG4OGU Ham Member QRZ Page

In the state of Tennessee, it does not cost extra to have your call sign put on your license plate. It is also an emergency license plate. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents on the subject. Larry KG4OGU larryii@multipro.com

15. W4ODQ

W4ODQ Ham Member QRZ Page

In the stste of Alabama the HAM TAGS are 3.00 over the coast of your tag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.