ad: Alphaant-1

Incentive Licensing Retrospective

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K3UD, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1SF

KB1SF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Keith,

DOM indicated that he has a disability that affects being able to associate numbers with symbols.

He also indicated that is how he tried to learn Morse Code - by counting the number of dits and dahs and associate them with a symbol, i.e. the letter.

It's no wonder he can't learn Morse Code in this manner.

He needs to learn it as a heard language just like any spoken language. That is recognized as the best way to learn it for ANYONE!

His situation provides no evidence of discrimination, only evidence of having had poor teachers.

As several people on here have pointed out in the past - it is far better to identify the disability and figure out other ways to accomplish the project than to lower the qualification levels of the project. Lowering of qualifications serves no one's needs, only their wants.

tim ab0wr[/QUOTE]
    Tim (et al):

It is increasingly apparent to me that you (and others like you posting here) are having a great deal of difficulty accepting the fact that the FCC has now decided it must finally begin reconciling Part 97 with the strict legal requirements of the Persons with Disabilities Act of 1995.

So, rather than continuing to waste everyone’s time with further posts which simply underscore your collective heartburn, may I now suggest you (and your like-minded peers) seriously consider one (or more) of the following options:  

First, you can simply accept the fact that the FCC no longer wishes to continue sponsoring your long-standing, exclusive and elitist little “Country Club” as evidenced by their apparent willingness to now remove a number of totally arbitrary and capricious “tests” for full membership in the Amateur Service. These include (but are not limited to) their decision to drop the number of license classes from five to three, dropping the Morse test as a sole requirement for HF access and entertaining the idea of regulating the Service by bandwidth rather than mode (as a first step to eventually eliminating ALL regulated HF sub-bands based on license class).

Second, you can write your respective Member(s) of Congress to request they repeal the 1995 law.  

Or, third, you may now wish to consider taking up another, non-federally regulated hobby, such as collecting butterflies or stamps.  Such pursuits are far less sensitive to changes in federal equal access laws that, in turn, have now forced long overdue changes in federal licensing structures such as those for the Amateur Service.

In any case, and regardless of which of these option(s) you may decide to choose, it seems to me that YOU are the folks who are now having the most difficulty accepting these changes.  

So, in that sense, it seems to me that it's you people who also now own the problem.

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF

2. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see what all the fuss is about,there has been a service for the disabled and mentality disadvantaged all along, it is governed by the FCC under Part 95 of the rules.So there is no reason to LOWER the standards any lower than they have been already. There may also be a restriction as with Amateur Radio as to how many mistakes you are allowed in spelling your name,but that too can be relaxed. [​IMG]

3. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

Now it's the "YOU PEOPLE" routine.

Accept what? Neither the CW or bandwidth proposal has been accepted by the FCC. Your Nostradamus prophecies amount to your opinion, as do your numerious legal briefs posted on labor law. The FCC hasn't decided anything. And you don't have any case law to offer, other then wild comparisons to legal cases that have nothing to do with ARS licensing.

I don't have any heartburn, OM. "US" people are just fine.

73 - Bob

4. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So you are suggesting that the FCC wants to completely destroy Amateur Radio. I really don't think so. (That would be the result of what you suggest.) I also think the Department of Homeland Security (hate that name) will have something to say about eliminating Amateur Radio.

And there was no law passed in 1995 that affects Amateur Radio, so there is nothing for hams to suggest repeal.

So, dream on. Methinks we are going to be around a while.

5. KB1SF

KB1SF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Now it's the "YOU PEOPLE" routine.

Accept what? Neither the CW or bandwidth proposal has been accepted by the FCC. Your Nostradamus prophecies amount to your opinion, as do your numerious legal briefs posted on labor law. The FCC hasn't decided anything. And you don't have any case law to offer, other then wild comparisons to legal cases that have nothing to do with ARS licensing.

I don't have any heartburn, OM. "US" people are just fine.

73 - Bob[/QUOTE]
    Well, as I've said, you and others are certainly entitled to your opinions.

However, I now have far better things to do with my precious moments than continuing to waste it it here in this forum trying to share learning with those who obsessively choose to remain ignorant.

So be it.

Goodbye to all and good luck!  

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF

6. kd4mxe

kd4mxe QRZ Member QRZ Page

Tim (et al):

It is increasingly apparent to me that you (and others like you posting here) are having a great deal of difficulty accepting the fact that the FCC has now decided it must finally begin reconciling Part 97 with the strict legal requirements of the Persons with Disabilities Act of 1995.

So, rather than continuing to waste everyone’s time with further posts which simply underscore your collective heartburn, may I now suggest you (and your like-minded peers) seriously consider one (or more) of the following options:  

First, you can simply accept the fact that the FCC no longer wishes to continue sponsoring your long-standing, exclusive and elitist little “Country Club” as evidenced by their apparent willingness to now remove a number of totally arbitrary and capricious “tests” for full membership in the Amateur Service. These include (but are not limited to) their decision to drop the number of license classes from five to three, dropping the Morse test as a sole requirement for HF access and entertaining the idea of regulating the Service by bandwidth rather than mode (as a first step to eventually eliminating ALL regulated HF sub-bands based on license class).

Second, you can write your respective Member(s) of Congress to request they repeal the 1995 law.  

Or, third, you may now wish to consider taking up another, non-federally regulated hobby, such as collecting butterflies or stamps.  Such pursuits are far less sensitive to changes in federal equal access laws that, in turn, have now forced long overdue changes in federal licensing structures such as those for the Amateur Service.

In any case, and regardless of which of these option(s) you may decide to choose, it seems to me that YOU are the folks who are now having the most difficulty accepting these changes.  

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF[/QUOTE]
    kb1sf-So, in that sense, it seems to me that it's you people who also now own the problem.

(keith if you dont take it a little easer on these old Boys they are going to have a heart attack ,this kind of stuff worries these old Boys and it looks like you have got some more of them on you so you had Better get your fingers Ready , I dont know But this stuff may Be Better than ham Radio , I sure do like to Read this stuff ,I get more laughts out of these post I tell you , you have done got one sticking his tongue out at you now , so take it a little easer on them if you can 73 and wish you a lot of good luck with these old Boys ,) Bill [​IMG]

7. kd4mxe

Well, as I've said, you and others are certainly entitled to your opinions.

So be it.

Goodbye to all and good luck!  

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF[/QUOTE]
    kb1sf - However, I now have far better things to do with my precious moments than continuing to waste it it here in this forum trying to share learning with those who obsessively choose to remain ignorant.
    keith one thing Before you go ,tell me how do you share learning when the one,s you are shareing with alReady know more than the arrl and fcc all comBind, I think you are makeing a good choise Here ,73 Bill

8. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure we aren't "Good Ole Boys"?

What I find amusing, is that the people that claim there is some "caste system", are the same ones that lable people that have common views on a subject.

It is 'old boys' or 'you people' or 'cw people'. None of these labels have any validity at all. Having a position on an issue doesn't put you into some 'group'. There are many hams that I agree with on this issue, that I completely disagree with on some other issues.

Just another example of how this "caste system" BS is in reality something invented in some folk's minds.

Rather then look at people as individuals with opinions, the tactic is to put those people that disagree, into a group that can then be demonized.

It is a tactic that has been used for centuries. The point is to take the humanity out of the opinion, and then make the opinion invalid, as it comes from a "so called" evil group.

"He's one of those arogant Extras, or he does CW so you know how that person thinks."

Most see right through it. I do.

73 - Bob

9. AB0WR

AB0WR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good post, Bob!

There isn't any caste system and there isn't any discrimination. You can tell that by the tactics used in trying to prove that there is.

tim ab0wr

10. kd4mxe

w6nj-Are you sure we aren't "Good Ole Boys"?
    yes Bob you all are good old Boys , keith is gone now you can calm down now ,and get a good nights sleep,73 Bill
    [​IMG]

11. KF3DOM

KF3DOM Ham Member QRZ Page

K6UEY

Your comments were hurtful to me and probably others, I think you should apologize.  

Suggesting that a disabled person should try Golf or Lawn Tennis instead of Ham Radio, speaks volumes about your position towards the handicapped.

I couldn’t find any humor in what you said.  Making fun of the blind or deaf, a person with learning disabilities or someone, anyone, who are less fortunate then you isn’t very nice.  This demonstrates that you’re willing to insult and degrade “sucker punch style” anybody, so as to make yourself feel better, of course this just had to be at someone else’s expense, who better then the disabled, right?

To the others who were able to mount a debate without being pugilistic, having ill will towards their fellow hams, and fellow human beings, your choice demonstrated that you have class.  You are above this kind of behavior and that speaks well for our service and for you as intelligent and kind people.  

If I was leave a legacy for anything, I hope I would be remembered, as a kind and intelligent person, who was thoughtful and humble of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Chris Martinka
    KF3DOM

Retracted Statement:  KD4MXE
    Please accept my apology for having misinterpreted your position towards the disabled.  You have clarified your position on this issue and it was my error to categorically include you with someone else, simply because you had dialogue with that person.  I’m sorry, my mistake – Chris *KF3DOM*

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. - Matthew 5:5

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[says the Lord.]  - Romans 12:19, NIV

12. kd4mxe

kf3dom- sir where do you see that I suggested they take up golf that was not me that that suggested the take up golf, go and Re Read it was k6uey that suggested that not me ,I ask him did you have to know the morse code to take the golf test thats it ,if that hurt you or anyone, I am apologizeing to you or anyone else that was hurt by it ,I did not mean to hurt anyone By it , and I am sorry that it hurt you,73 Bill [​IMG]

13. kd4mxe

kf3dom-I couldn’t find any humor in what you said.  Making fun of the blind or deaf, a person with learning disabilities or someone, anyone, who are less fortunate then you isn’t very nice.  This demonstrates that you’re willing to insult and degrade “sucker punch style” anybody, so as to make yourself feel better, of course this just had to be at someone else’s expense, who better then the disabled, right?
                                                                                                                                                                        sir show me anywhere in my post where I made fun of the Blind or the deaf and degrade anyBody ,and I do not see any humor in what you have falsely accused me of eather , dont forget gods wrath can Be on you to I think you need to apologize to me also, 73 Bill

14. K6FAF

K6FAF Guest

Oh my Goodness,
    now sombody got hurt in Here, that's not good at all.

Opinions are like light-sabers, they look funny at first until they cut through meat and bones [​IMG]

You guys should refrain doing the bad thing that some people don't want to hear.

George Bernhard Bush said: Opinions are weapons in the hands of the wrong guys, that's why I never had one. I let myself get opinionated by Lobbyists, then they are responsible for the mayhem thus created [​IMG]

And I say it again, with due respect to all handicapped people out there. Just because you want something does not mean everybody else wants the same thing, or you can make them to want your wish.
    I myself would really like to play golf. But I can't, because there are people out there that will not accept my golfball-shooter (That I would have to use, because my back does not allow me to swing a No9 wood or any other club)
    I talked to my lobbyist and he said, he might find some liberal s....er like me to start an ease-down-the-rules campaign for the game of golf, but I already have the fear, that some bad-a.. OT golfer is going to come to my door and complain about the watering down of his sport, with no regrets for the handicapped.
    Man, what kind of medieval state are we living in?
    I guess I have to go back to DL, where the rain is more acidy, the water more polluted and the sky grayer than here, sob, sob. They will let me play golf in a new league..... [​IMG] and I don't have to fear a class action lawsuit for discriminating the majority of golfers.)

Funny? No, not at all! It smells around here....

1 cent IMHO, 1 cent humor [​IMG]

15. kd4mxe

k6faf-You guys should refrain doing the bad thing that some people don't want to hear well you could Be Right on here 73 Bill [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.