ad: k1jek

Icom IC-705 Update, antennas & portable power

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Apr 10, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

I knew of that company, but not at all of just how far they had come since their first products. That's on my 'to buy' list as soon as we get this darned virus out of the way.

Thanks for the heads up!

J.

K4AGO and KN4EHX like this.
  2. W6BFK

W6BFK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it the KX3 killer? No onboard tuner that I'm aware of, but the touch screen is a huge +.

de W6BFK

3. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Your mistake, but not my mistake.

4. K4AGO

Might be a very long wait.

5. K4AGO

Where did you get a price? To the best of my knowledge, the price has not been announced yet.

6. K4AGO

China? Innovate?

The only innovation to come out of China is bat soup and they probably copied the recipe from Julia Child.

WA7NTL, WW2PT and KR3DX like this.
  7. K4AGO

Never I hope. I no longer have a Kenwood transceiver but my past experience with Kenwood was a good one. Competition is good for the market place. I hope Kenwood never goes under.

The problem I have with China is that they love to copy someone else's technology, make an inferior product, and rebrand it under some unpronounceable name.

If they did their own research and development, other than coronavirus, they would gain some respect in the marketplace.

If you want to have some fun (tongue in cheek) try buying 100 Chinese semiconductors and see if you can find one in the lot that works according to spec. If, that is you can fine one that even works.

WA7NTL and KR3DX like this.
  8. K4AGO

It's always best to at least wait for a few firmware updates. Nowadays, you don't even know if there will be display problems either.

The first out the gate usually have problems of some sort.

KR3DX likes this.
  9. AF7ON

AF7ON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's not be too racist - how about the Chinese inventions of gunpowder, printing, and the compass?

Mike
    AF7ON

N8FNR likes this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Settle down, Beavis. K4AGO said nothing racist.

WA7NTL and KR3DX like this.
  11. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just the opposite. I like the challenge and think of it as a waste of time to not have the rig when I want it.

Firmware updates fix issues typically minor in nature, rarely add functionality. Definitely won't change the size, weight, or good fit in my camper.

Potential for a hardware issue is so very small. Icom will make it right if it's necessary. The Icom repair center is just a few blocks from my QTH, so I really don't worry about Icom products.

12. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do you have to say things like this? What has Julia Child got to do with it? You need to open up that narrow mind of yours, this is a thread about a Ham radio that has not been released yet, I am guessing you are not a scientist! rocket or otherwise!

13. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes he did BH!

14. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

BH?

15. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

"That sounds racist." Translation: "I don't agree, can't defend my point and must demonize my opponent to win.

WA7NTL, WB4NQF, WC5P and 2 others like this.