HRD Software, LLC celebrates 1 year anniversary

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ6R, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AC2FO

AC2FO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope he talks about all the problems the program has, that should take up most of his night.!

A disgruntled User

2. VA3KAB

VA3KAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried to get help over on the HRD Support Forums, http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/ ?

I know there are lots of people running Windows 7 that have no problems with the last free version, so I imagine it is something that should be easy to sort out.

3. AC2FO

AC2FO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know what they could tell me to do, I have installed the software, as I have on every update from HRD since it first came out. I open program and it runs for less than 30 seconds then locks up, I even went back to a earlier update with HRD. I am sorry I firmly believe they have problems with their software, this is a new computer less than 3 weeks old, the previous OS I used was XP and it was doing the same thing, I even tried my laptop wherei used to run HRD No dice, so I bought a new CI-V cable as well same deal, I downloaded TRX Manager and it works fine with Win 7 and my Ci-V cable. I rather use HRD but how can you use something that has problems the release of version 6 has been delayed so that should tell you something about the software problems .

4. WW7F

WW7F Guest

I'm waiting for them to fix it before I cast my bread upon thier waters, the asking price for the paid version is not a small amount of money for some people especially when they are having so many issues with it that get fixed and another seems to crop up .
    Glad they have a place for those who already paid, when they are satisfied then I will feel like tossing money thier way for it,no disrespect intended guys but to market such a program is akin to buying a new model car then finding they forgot a lot of details that will get fixed as time goes by, before next years model comes out.
    Many hams seem to be a picky bunch I guess to some the asking price is a lot of money when it doesnt work as it is supposed to, let us know when it is fixed and we will be there to buy it:)
    I'm not dissuading folks if they wish to buy and beta test then that is thier perogative I suppose :) Good Luck, Michelle 73

5. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a recent country file or unique calls file????????????????????????????

6. KB3NPH

KB3NPH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There have been many updates and improvements since HRD was taken over by Ham Radio Deluxe LLC. The major improvement was moving from an antiquated programming environment to the more modern VS2010 environment. People have been running into problems with the FREE version of HRD do to the fact there are many using USB/RS232 adapters with the Prolific chip-sets in them. These chip-sets will work just fine even with SOME ham radio software, even older versions of Ham Radio Deluxe. It's been found that once those having problems with HRD have switched over to cables and adapters with the FTDI chip-sets, or installed true RS232 cards in their computers they no longer have problems with current versions of Ham Radio Deluxe. This could be one of the problems you are facing.

Simon Brown, the original author of HRD is still involved with HRD on a very limited basis but has recently commented that V5.24.0.36 (the final FREE version) is the most reliable and stable version ever developed.

If you are having problems other than the interfacing, logging into the Ham Radio Deluxe forums can provide you with a wealth of information on solving other configuration problems with the new software. There have been so many new features added and so many things fixed that didn't work in previous versions, going back to Simon's last version 5.0, it takes some time to get up to speed on the set-up and configuration. Here's where the HRD Forums can come to be very informative.

If you are one of the ones who has taken advantage of the pre-lease price for Version 6, you have a year of technical support via phone and e-mail. Rick and the support guys are willing to go as far as needed to make sure they get your copy of HRD up and running and help you with any problems you might have. The investment in the support is well worth the price and your getting version 6 for free and a full year of support for version 6 from the date of it's release.

If you need help, it's available. If you want to whine about Ham Radio Deluxe not working for you, then that's fine too, but just remember, the bitching, pissing and moaning isn't going to get anything working.

73, Tim (KB3NPH)
    HRD Beta Test Team

7. KB3NPH

The most recent country and unique call files are available for download from http://hrdsoftwarellc.com/downloads/default.html
    Just download them and install them in the proper HRD directories.

73 Tim (KB3NPH)
    HRD Beta Test Team

8. KB3NPH

Would you mind telling me how you have tried to get help with the problems with HRD?

9. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Updated Country List April 1, 2012
    Updated Unique Callsign Database April 10, 2012

That may be the most recent, but thats not recent, by a long stretch. Are you guys no longer updating the Country and Unique files? Is there a new feature in #6 that does away with this that people will have to pay for?

10. KB3NPH

These database are user updatable. Go to the countries menu in logbook and pick manager. The user can update 'their' logbook manually, which is what most users prefer to do, since they get updates daily from products like the Daily DX.

The ones from the HRD site have always been on a volunteer basis, which started back in the Simon days.

Would you like to volunteer to keep them current?

73 Tim (KB3NPH)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.