ad: ProAudio-1

HamHelpers.com-Helping perpetuate the next generation of Amateur Radio Operators

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB4ICU, Jun 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB4ICU

KB4ICU Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    BUY, SELL, TRADE, DONATE
    any Amateur Radio item

DONATE for FREE to those who can't
    afford Ham radio equipment

Who is “HamHelpers.com”?
    HamHelpers.com
    Is a no fee website where you can
    BUY, SELL, TRADE or DONATE
    Amateur Radio Equipment.
    HamHelpers.com does require an
    “FCC CALLSIGN” to Register

HamHelpers Group
    A dedicated group of amateur radio enthusiasts
    who through Donations are able to help FCC Licensed
    operators’ who cannot afford Ham Radio equipment?

Why did I start “HamHelpers.com”?

Being on disability I had a lot of help starting off in the Amateur Radio Hobby. With little to no funds “HamHelpers Group” helped set up my Ham Station through the “DONATIONS” of dedicated Ham Radio enthusiasts like you. So I decided to give back to the Ham Radio hobby by joining emergency services in my area: ARES/RACES, MARS, Skywarn and being a Net Control Station Operator three times a week but I wanted to also help others like myself who want to be a Ham Radio Operator but due to circumstances beyond their control are not able to afford this amazing hobby.

Having a website that I purchased years ago collecting dust I had an epiphany. Why not use my website to help Ham Radio Operators and Ham Radio Operator wannabes; those that for no other reason than finances cannot enjoy more than a Ham License on a wall.

EchoLink & Peanut are great venues for talking to licensed tech’s around the world but you have to agree that nothing takes the place of a 2m or HF RIG on your desk, setting up an antenna and having your first Ham Shack to make your QSO’s.

Why use “HamHelpers.com?

Through “HamHelpers.com” and “HamHelpers Group” everyone can have an opportunity to enjoy the amazing Amateur Radio Hobby and no longer be an Amateur Radio wannabe like I was for years but become an Amateur Radio Operator like I eventually became now through the help of the HamHelpers Group!
    BUY, SELL TRADE or DONATE
    Ham Radio equipment to
    Licensed Operators with no
    “SELLING FEES” or “SHIPPING FEES”
    HamHelpers.com also Welcomes
    Operators who are looking to find equipment
    QUESTIONS?

I placed a Chat Window on HamHelpers.com to help with any questions a licensed Ham Radio Operator might have about selling, buying, trading, donating or setting up your User Account.

JOIN
    HamHelpers.com & HamHelpers Group
    and
    Help perpetuate the next generation of
    Amateur Radio Operators

K9UR, N6TRU, DE2RVK and 3 others like this.
  2. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Im sorry buy like life you have to work for the things you want and need. Amateur radio is not a necessity like your power and water. There has been many a individual posting adverts on the different ham forums begging for ham gear cause they don't have the money $$. Most of us work pretty hard for the things we have these days and I for one am not giving donations to somebody to get on the air. Especially without a ham ticket. Furthermore, be ready for an on sought of cber types if it doesn't require a FCC licence. Bottom line the Amateur radio service was not intended to be "free". It was intended for people to put in some work to get a lisc, build gear and understand electronics to further communications and come up with new ideas. That did not include new ideas like, ham radio is a sport, or some liberal we are the world type give away and everyone deserves to have a lisc. and have a radio setup.

K1ZYM, KF1P, K3XR and 1 other person like this.
  4. N8HCS

N8HCS Ham Member QRZ Page

The Amateur’s Code
    by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA (1928)

The Radio Amateur is:

CONSIDERATE….. never knowingly operating in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.

LOYAL….. offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

PROGRESSIVE….. with knowledge abreast of science, a well built and efficient station, and operation beyond reproach.

FRIENDLY….. with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

BALANCED….. Radio is an advocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC….. with station and skill always ready for service to country and community.

W2KS, K1RHH and VE3GZB like this.
  5. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

The blurb states an FCC callsign is required. What if a non-US ham wishes to register?

6. KB4ICU

CANADA and its PROVINCES are now added to HamHelpers.com.
    If you wish to have your country added to HamHelpers.com please send an email to help@hamhelpers.com

7. AJ4XM

AJ4XM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Am I missing something here? Can you not do this via an established resource like QRZ.COM? And if you get people who need real help there are the QRZ Forums and local QCWA Chapters who do much the same thing in person. Plus other established sites like EHam. I know these are all reliable, honest, trustworthy and they get no revenue from this, Unlike eBay which does charge fees and is more buyer beware. But for some people and things it fills a need. I hate to rain on somebody's parade but I think the wheel has already been invented.
    Tom AJ4XM

KF1P likes this.
  8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I will pass,................. Jus Sayin

9. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck. I know you put a lot of time into it so I don't mean to give you a hard time but ...

Asking for credit card info on a non https page is really not okay.
    http://hamhelpers.com/register.asp

Posting that form back to your own server is almost certainly not PCI compliant regardless of how you process the card info. If you store the card info in a database or a file on your server then that's very bad.

I know it's "optional" but it's not clear to me why you're asking for a credit card. If it's for donations then a PayPal button would be much better.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    KF1P, AC0GT and N4DJT like this.
  10. KB4ICU

Credit Card should not have been enabled and has been turned off.
    PAYPAL is the accepted online method of payment for transactions for the security of both the seller & buyer

11. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, I busted my butt to get my license and no one but no one gave me anything free.........i bought and paid for everything............

12. KG7VTO

KG7VTO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll do my own donating. Keeping it local.

13. KB4ICU

Hi That is the idea to be able to help Ham Operators anywhere
    Local Help you simply set up your DONATION as a TRADE LISTING $0.00
    and set up shipping as "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY" FREE

14. W2KS

W2KS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lighten up, Francis!

KK4ME and AC0GT like this.
  15. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

These guys do great work. Helping folks get on the air is not always about financials. Sometimes it's about trying out some gear and learning how fun it can be ...especially true of today's "baofeng on a belt" ham. Here is a means of helping to get folks to the next level in ham radio. Great job to the Ham Helpers.