ad: Halibut-1

Ham Radio - The ABBREE VHF UHF "tactical" antenna.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jul 26, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed ! :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

K5XS likes this.
  2. KX1G

KX1G Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two, which I use with FRS, GMRS, and MURS radios. It extends their range considerably, and helps lower the noise levels. They show no folding memory.

3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

hi, Someone speaks well more badly ... so it really works well this antenna or better to let it go?

4. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

There are several versions of this antenna, with different bendable blade lengths. In ALL circumstances these antennas outperform coiled meander 'stubbies' that come with the radios, when speaking directly into the HT mike.

G3SEA likes this.
  6. KL7CY

KL7CY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope you also examine the 70cM performance of this antenna.
    It would also be interesting to check the transmit performance which would probably require a second person

7. IW2BSF

someone have tested this antenna with a VNA analizer if work ok and the SWR is low in both VHF and UHF ham-radio bands ????

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cosa stai chiedendo?

IW2BSF likes this.
  9. IW2BSF

se qualcuno ha testato questa antenna in VHF e UHF come rende e come va SWR con un analizzatore tipo VNA ?

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

aancora non capisco la tua domanda in nessuna delle due lingue...

The SWR measurement is correct on 2M, but may not represent the actual SWR of the SYSTEM:)

The relative gain measurement was problematic here, for the reasons stated.

Chip W1YW

11. N1RBD

N1RBD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll wager it's a young attractive couple who shows a lot of cleavage and 6-pack.

KL7KN likes this.
  12. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

that would be a tactical purse :p

13. AD2GN

AD2GN Ham Member QRZ Page

Compared to the Nagoya 2 meter/440 antenna the Abbree performs a little better in "real world" use. From barely making a repeater to almost full quieting at my ground floor residence to repeater 5 miles away. Radio was the Baofeng BF-F8HP around 8 watts output.

The only downside is that it makes the little radio top heavy. Overall it is a winner .

K7IWW likes this.
  14. K7IWW

K7IWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An antenna need not be resonant! A properly matched antenna has no choice but to radiate the RF fed into it, unless it's a resistor.

UT7UX likes this.
  15. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is true. There are so many delusions towards resonance that this question shall be probably asked endlessly. So many people are used to think the resonance radiates. It isn't. RF current that flows in antenna's conductor radiates.

Any real antenna is a resistor as well. So antenna's efficiency is (roughly) its radiation impedance to loss impedance ratio.