ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Radio - The ABBREE VHF UHF "tactical" antenna.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jul 26, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really?! Using reasoning and estimation, it looks like it is 18 inches folded over. Hence quarter wave.

…and they say there is something wrong with academics and professors these days?! Hard to believe.

I’d be willing to meet you at HamVentiom to discuss further.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You confuse a straight forward presentation of fact with an assumption of arrogance.

That is your problem, not mine

3. KQ1V

YOU are the one who continues to reply! You just cannot quit, as you are driven to prove everyone incorrect.

I surmise you have more problems than I do.

Just saying.

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We all have our problems. Your assessment of mine is incorrect and irrelevant to the thread.

Now be quiet.

Thanks.

5. KQ1V

Chip, you certainly are a piece of work.

Now shut up.

Thanks - the regulars on QRZ Forum.

WN1MB and KF0FBK like this.
  6. KF0FBK

KF0FBK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you need fiber in YOUR diet.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

READ (post #105) carefully.

The antenna is END LOADED and END FED. The blade element is not THIN. The radio is PART OF THE ANTENNA.

The antenna system is not a quarter wave on 2M. Nowhere near it. The electrical length of the antenna system is not 18 inches.

I was just at hamvention...why should I plan to meet you there, or anywhere?

Perhaps you mean Hamxposition. No, I am not going. I am on vacation. And why would I meet anyone who publicly defames me, or anyone else?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a hobby. Note that Part 97 never discusses 'hobby'. It discusses 'radio art'. Certainly in most 'hobbies', opinions are subjective and not technically guided. In amateur radio our priveleges are provided by licensing through technical and regulation testing with an assumed effort to continue advancement--technical advancement-- after the testing stage.

When we talk about antennas we don't make subjective comments like"pretty' or 'shiny' (save perhaps for amusement factors). Instead we have technical descriptors that beg for accurate portrayal. And so it goes.

This is a forum that discusses and espouses the amateur radio service. Note the following from Part 97.1: the amateur radio service--

(b) Continuation and extension of the amateur's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art.

(c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communication and technical phases of the art.

(d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.

All of my technical comments are provided purely in this context of Part 97.1

When we do not give accurate interpretations of technical affairs we are adverse to b and c in particular.

If you do not wish to partake of those comments then simply ignore them. Attacking the poster deprives others of the utility desired and needed via Part 97.

Certainly there are those who find enjoyment in the radio art. But a Part 97 says you can't stand still: "advance"....

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    KC7JNJ likes this.
  10. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep it should be of some 20" length.

11. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I once purchased this small "tactical" bag. I think "tactical" means an abundance of straps, locks and velcro...

Attached Files:

• bag.png
      bag.png
      File size:
      696.8 KB
      Views:
    W1YW likes this.
  12. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago I worked with a perpetual braggart. When called out on his behavior, he'd indignantly state, "It isn't bragging if it's true."

Numerous dictionaries disagree with his assertion.

KL7KN, UT7UX, KF0FBK and 1 other person like this.
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that 'tactical'--or 'strategic'?

True or false?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    UT7UX likes this.
  14. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

They make one for CB and I have heard it works fine especially on a CB HT like the President Randy which is a remarkable CB HT itself as even East Coast high power ( Hundreds to a KW but definitely not 4 Watts :cool: ) CB Stations have been heard here in Hawaii on that HT's Rubber Ducky.
    G3SEA/KH6.

15. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that's more a testament to propagation and QRO than the HT or its antenna.

UT7UX likes this.