ad: GoBoxRadio-1

Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.4.0.777 Released with Discount

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA9PIE, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure about a Mac, But a can do on Linux. :)

It would be nice if it was supported.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. K7ZCZ

K7ZCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the uninstall program looks exactly like the install program. It even says "The InstallAware Wizard will intall Ham Radio Deluxe on your computer", and so on. It really does uninstall, though, when run from add/remove programs in Control Panel. I've got a work item open to fix it.

3. W5PDQ

W5PDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Per my experience, knowing the software development side, although for equipment interfaces and data acquisition; I realize with all the radio’s HRD has to keep up with it can probably be very stressful.
    I too hope that SatTracker will get refined at some point, my IC-9100 will make a good match.
    I purchased HRD earlier this year, after all the dust had settled and wish them the very best in moving on with a great product.

Stan, W5PDQ

4. WA9PIE

WA9PIE QRZ Lifetime Member #305 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

K7ZCZ is among the smartest developers I've ever known. We're making so much progress with him on the team.

Mike, WA9PIE

5. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike, I had (as in past tense) paying the support fee annually. Even got a few friends to pony up the support fee because we were promised JT65/JT9 support was going to be built into HRD. I stopped paying this year and will not pay in the future until the promised capability is added to DM780. If you promised it was coming you have to deliver. If you have to write it from scratch, then please do so.

6. K5KNM

K5KNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you use WSJT for JT65 and now for FT8, download a simple add on program called WSJT-X JT Alert. This program automatically and correctly logs to HRD after each QSO. It also has many useful features that are user configured.

With WSJT X Alert, I can open up this program first, then it's configured to open up HRD, HRD log, and my Elecraft KAT-500 tuning softwares and any other programs you want open automatically afterwards. When done, Close WSJT X Alert first, and all your programs will also close automatically. You can select which ones to open and/or close in the WSJT X settings.

This program works great and I recommend you try it! You won't need to wait for HRD to come up with their own version of JT65.

KA9JLM likes this.
  7. K5KNM

K5KNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is the latest version of WSJT-X ALERT

Download this version: HamApps JTAlert v2.10.1

http://hamapps.com/

8. IZ4REF

IZ4REF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please, what is the "API KEY" in the JTALERT setting? i would like to charge in automatic mode my qso in Qrz.com Logbook.
    I'm a subscriber
    tnx for any info

Riccardo IZ4REF

9. W8BYH

W8BYH Ham Member QRZ Page

I happily paid HRD after the month long trial. I'll admit I'm still figuring it out, but when I found that the rig connection interface would essentially set things up for me across the three radios I use, and how the rig control interface eliminates a lot of the 'button poking' normally required to run the Yaesu FT-891 I was sold.

I work a lot in the application development and configuration world and I understand the costs involved in development, maintenance, support and upgrades. Given the complexity of HRD and the support that the company makes available as part of the annual subscription it's a bargain.

W8BYH

10. IZ4REF

IZ4REF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please delete ...wrong section, maybe,

tnx

11. WA9PIE

Thanks for your support!

FWIW - if I were a software developer, HRD would probably still be "donation-ware". But I couldn't write code to save myself. So we have to pay developers... and because we pay them, we owe the people who have paid for it support for a reasonable period of time. But we're putting the proceeds into development and support... actually, doing a better job with that in 2017. (Sometimes HRD competes with my day job though!)

12. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool that jtalert added hrd logging interface back in 2.10.1, but I wonder why for only one release cycle. Jtalert changes pretty often. I have to give it a try though. Never used this feature before as I started with hrd version 6.

13. WA9PIE

Laurie said he did it because of the introduction of FT8. I certainly hope he continues to provide this integration. I'm all for it and will do whatever we can to help make it successful.

Mike, WA9PIE

W4ABC likes this.
  14. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tried WSJT and do not like it at all. Would appreciate delivering what was promised.

K0PIR likes this.
  15. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your response! Makes sense, and now that I've used it, I can see why people were so upset when the functionality was lost. It sure makes life a lot easier!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.