ad: QSLWorks-1

Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.4.0.777 Released with Discount

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA9PIE, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9PIE

WA9PIE QRZ Lifetime Member #305 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Challenge accepted, Chad. (and by the way, we live really close together... hope to see you at Hamcom this year)

I see that you've never been one of our customers (I thought you may have been an early customer). I look forward to a chance to win you over.

Mike, WA9PIE

2. SQ6WE

SQ6WE Ham Member QRZ Page

Tis soft havend been changed fo ages. Every one can to downloaded a freeware version. I agree with you :))

3. N4QNT

N4QNT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just wondering when the code writers at HRD can implement a self contained live Band Spectrum Panadaptor utilizing the IF Outputs from most modern hf rigs? Instead of piggy backing other 3rd party panadaptor software.

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

In what way(s) are you a completely different company?

That rather vague phrase has a nice ring to it but is always used by those who have a troubled history.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Under new management.

Seems simple to understand for me. :)

Mike should not need to repeat it over and over and over and over.

WN2C, W4ABC, KF2M and 2 others like this.
  6. K1VSK

I fully understand that, however, under "new management" doesn't necessarily equate to "completely different" which is why I asked him, not you.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

He already explained many times. I was just relaying.

You should PM him, Or start another thread. This thread is not the correct place.

8. K1VSK

thank you for your opinion but I was asking him. Again,... asking him, not you...

9. WA9PIE

That statement is demonstrably false.

Here's a link to the change log. We're at well over 100 changes just for 2017 alone (we've done more changes in the past 3 months than we've done in most calendar years). We've done over 400 changes since 2015.

https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/changelog_page.php?project_id=0

Mike, WA9PIE

W4ABC likes this.
  10. WA3CAS

WA3CAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not that it matters now, but I had dealing with W4PC and his other software company way back when I was using the Kantronics KAM, and W4PC had the only software (ROC) that worked with Windows 7. The software wasn't very good, had tons of bugs, and support was non-existent. When I heard that W4PC and company had purchased HRD, chills ran down my spine. Self, I said, this isn't going to go well, and unfortunately I was right. Too bad I couldn't warn WA9PIE that he had partnered with the wrong guy.

Without a doubt, HRD is now headed down the right path and I wish them well.

John (WA3CAS)

11. WA9PIE

Thanks John. This year has felt like a breath of fresh air. We're more productive... our customers are happier... things are running smoothly. We also have great things planned.

Mike, WA9PIE

W6MJS, KN6Q and PD9FER like this.
  12. KN6Q

KN6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I was as big a critic as anyone. Rick wasn't shy about telling people he was running the show at HRD, and he did some really terrible things. Since he is gone, they have been quietly fixing bugs and adding (relatively minor) enhancements these last 6 months. Mike has mended fences where he can, and IMHO is earnest in his efforts to right the ship.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to buy HRD because of the past, but I really think they are on the right path now.

KF2M and WA9PIE like this.
  13. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you wanted to expand on that thought, I suspect a lot of people would be interested in your thoughts. What are the future goals of the "new" HRD? Specific features? Certain specific bugfixes? Maybe you aren't ready to say, but I'm quite sure there are people ready to listen. :cool:

14. WA9PIE

Without going into a lot of detail on this... we're still defining it a bit... but we're looking at an entirely new approach to remote access/control. In my opinion, I think what we intend to do will be "game-changing." We're several months from beginning this, as our real focus at present is to aggressively cut the number of defects down and handle as many of the enhancement requests we can.

We would also like to offer language support... initially for Spanish... but to include other languages as well (we have quite a few customers in Russia and Germany... we would like to better support them).

We would like to have a version that is capable of running on Mac and/or Linux.

All these things are on the road-map. Unlike what was done in the past - I make no promises (that I can't keep). I hate disappointing people. But we're several months from beginning this work... because we don't want to begin this work until we have cut down the backlog of bugs and enhancement requests (but understand, we've gone through almost 20% of that stuff in the past 90 days... so we're making very good progress).

Mike, WA9PIE

NA7RX and KK5JY like this.
  15. K4LMP

K4LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a simple packet window, with a bar to see what you type, before sending it to the TNC. I know it's old technology, but should be pretty easy. Something like the old WinPack software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.