ad: MLSons-1

Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.4.0.777 Released with Discount

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA9PIE, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9PIE

WA9PIE QRZ Lifetime Member #305 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Could be. I haven't looked at their licensing for a bit. (as with when we acquired the HRD source code, we would want an attorney who focuses on the protection of intellectual property rights and licensing to advise us on it)

For now, I think our most productive path is to continue to reach out our hand to work with and support our peers in ham radio software... and nail down problems with our API.

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Just Curious..
    How many pounds of flesh can one person afford to give?
    Simon owned HRD and sold it..(Get over it)

The new owner made a mess of things as is well known..(It's now in the past)

Changed hands yet again, HRD is now into its 2nd reincarnation.....

At least give them a chance (Or is everybody going to automatically condemn them. "Original sin anybody").
    Should be happy that HRD is still around and giving it an honest try to change it's past
    reputation and rebuild trust instead of letting what is supposed to be the most polished and
    integrated package around just die off...

Disclaimer.
    I don't have anything new enough that would even benefit, or be able to use HRD..
    So I don't really have a dog in this argument, But Geesh, give them a chance.
    Time will tell....

3. KN6Q

KN6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to say fldigi wasn't GPLv3 (and used with permission) at the time Simon used it.

WA9PIE likes this.
  4. WA9PIE

FWIW - I'm a pretty big guy these days. I have no problem continuing to shed more pounds of flesh as needed!

Mike, WA9PIE

5. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike,

I'd really like to give HRD a try, however I downloaded the software and installed it back in May of this year when I first got licensed, and having no clue as to what I was doing, I let it sit until the trial period expired. I have since downloaded it again, but I am not able to give the 30 days a go. I went to the website to request a new trial license, however I don't have a service contract so was not able to figure out how to request that via support.

If there is anyway to have my call sign reset in your licensing database, I'd really love to give it another go.

Best regards,

Mark - KD2NOM

6. WA9PIE

Mark,

I have recreated your trial key and activated it through the end of September. Send an email to sales@hrdsoftwarellc.com asking them to give you the key (so that I don't have to publish it here) and you're good to go for another 45 days.

Mike, WA9PIE

KA9JLM, W4ABC and WE4B like this.
  7. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Although I don't, currently, use your software, that was a class act to do that for that ham. Hopefully, by doing so, you'll gain a new customer.

W4ABC likes this.
  8. WA9PIE

Thanks for the comment, Jeff.

Eight months ago, I was told by members of our staff... "It's our policy that we don't give second chances on the trial period." (basically)

But I said, "Why not? After all, we're going to be updating the software so often... and things will change rapidly. We're looking for ways to help people say "Yes"... not ways for them to say, "No"... or "I was treated poorly, etc."

So yeah! We've changed a lot in the software (contrary to what some folks would have us all believe). Get another trial. Come see the progress!

Mike, WA9PIE

KN6Q and WE4B like this.
  9. WA9PIE

Before our "Double-Down on Progress" sale is half-over, we have a new release! Ham Radio Deluxe 6.4.0.780 is now available. In this release, we have added the following modes into the HRD Logbook dropdown - ARDOP, C4FM, CHIP, DIGITALVOICE, FT8, ISCAT, JT4, JT6M, MFSK, MSK144, OPERA, PSK, PSK2K, ROS, T10, V4, WINMOR, WSPR. Additionally, the RST values for digital modes are updated to the common digital signal report values.

Download or buy Ham Radio Deluxe at: www.hamradiodeluxe.com

The sale continues until 8/22/2017; Use coupon code "777" at checkout and receive 14% off software licenses and renewals of Software Maintenance and Support.

Release Notes: https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/changelog_page.php?project_id=0

W4ABC likes this.
  10. K4QXX

K4QXX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A Mac version would be awesome.

W9RLG likes this.
  11. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike - wonderful - I'll reinstall and demo tonight!

Mark - KD2NOM

KA9JLM likes this.
  12. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you uninstall? I run Windows and when uninstalling it goes to install program.

13. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using the HRD uninstall or the Windows uninstall ? What version of Windows ?

That question needs a new thread.

14. WA9PIE

Generally, all you need to do is run our setup.exe. It will replace the installed version as an upgrade.

I have seen rare cases where folks are upgrading from v5.x and installing the new version left the previous version installed. If that happens, just uninstall both... and then install the new one. All your data (log, macros, backups, etc) remain and are not removed by an uninstall.

But we have a crack tech support staff that can help you if you need it (and your Software Maintenance and Support is current).

Mike, WA9PIE

KA9JLM likes this.
  15. AJ4XM

AJ4XM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I use many different programs for specific functions, but HRD is my go to software for daily use. It has worked very well for me with a variety of radios and modes and assorted hardware. On the rare occasion that I have had a question they have always been quick (same day) to respond. I recommend it to all new hams except those with a MAC or Linux system.

Tom, AJ4XM

W4ABC and WA9PIE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.