ad: M2Ant-1

FCC ISSUES SIGNIFICANT RULE CHANGES

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, the fine print Ok, it's not so stupid [​IMG]

2. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

It has taken many years, but my petition has finally been approved. OK all of you MixW guys, its time to send pictures again.

Mark N5RFX

3. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The VE's wanted to use "most" of the letters for morse testing instead of "all" the letters. The FCC said that the VE's have been doing it this way for 20+ years, it's best to maintain the status quo.

Doesn't look to me like they plan on droping anything, not even a couple letters.

Dave

4. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, now no need for the bandwidth based bandplan. Cool! :)

Seriously if you're a Tech reading this, heart all "pitter-pat" looking for the "no code test" word, this ain't it. Probably at least a year away. Sorry...

5. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting that this has been "out" for hours now with numerous comments everywhere but on the ARRL website. I could add to that but........nah!

6. KE7IPY

KE7IPY QRZ Member

Drat! I'll have to wait another year to ruin the entire hobby of Amateur Radio! The council for the destruction of Morse Code and Ham Radio in general will not be pleased...

7. N4QX

N4QX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sure N1RL and K1SFA are on the case and being very careful to get the story right.

8. AB0WR

AB0WR Ham Member QRZ Page

ROFL!!

Take a close look at 80m guys.

They put the bottom of the Extra phone band right on top of the automatic forwarding sub-band the Pactor guys use!!

Wonder how many interference complaints this is going to generate?

Not only that but where are the NTS CW nets like CAN going to go (3670khz)? Wait till they start firing up on top of existing SSB conversations because they can't hear them due to narrow filters.

MORE interference complaints for the FCC to arbitrate.

I haven't even *looked* at 40m yet to see what is going to happen!

tim ab0wr

9. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Prohibit an applicant from filing more than one application for a specific vanity call sign;"

EXCELLENT!!!

10. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

It is interesting that a bunch of political appointees, that don't know a kilowatt from a pretzel, can sit around deciding all of this. I once sat in on FCC meetings with all the commissioners and chair and, believe me, they are meer puppets for the permanent staff of engineers and advisors. The big difference is that the commissioners get bigger pay checks and larger bribes.

11. w8cbc

w8cbc Guest

My only gripe is that they accepted the "grossly underutilised" argument regarding the CW parts of 80 metres.

3720 kc +/- sure isn't "grossly underutilised".

Ah well. I'll still be doing the dits and dahs there whatever the case.

12. K2FIX

K2FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, this wasn't that NPRM, so we were not waiting, or disappointed. This one was going to drop first.

You should be more worried. The NCT plan to destroy ham radio is in full effect. The FCC just gave out more phone bandwidth....no doubt to accomodate the large bump in HF use when the NEXT NPRM drops....

Bwahahahaha

Happy Halloween ! [​IMG]

13. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

This was the part that had my head spinning a bit. Since when can a Tech Class (excluding Tech with Code) licensee upgrade to General through one or two written examinations?

This has the ring of "read between the lines". I hope I am wrong but it does almost sound like they are clearing the way for an influx of phone operators.

14. K6IRP

K6IRP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said--- actually there are about 3 good clues in this order--- you boys need to keep plugging away-- the code is here to stay------

15. K6IRP

K6IRP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said--- actually there are about 3 good clues in this order--- you boys need to keep plugging away-- the code is here to stay------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.