ad: Halibut-1

FCC ISSUES NPRM TO ELIMINATE CODE REQUIREMENT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD5NCO

KD5NCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Samantha

I am sorry to say that in my world wide travels to Taiwan (Asia), Chile (South America), Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi, Kuwait, (Middle east), Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Bosnia, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Holland (Europe) I do not recall these poor "American style" behaviors on the local air waves. Now I admit I do not speak many of the native languages in most of those distant countries. So perhaps there are these selfish, boorish, poor form, behaviors on local air waves. But just listening, you get a feel for how the conduct is happening locally. Most of the Native tongue, American, and other English language QSOs seemed to me to be conducted politely.

While the irony and sarcasm of your post is not lost on me. (And I do agree that it does not appear that the Element 1 test was not a very efficient filter for idiots and selfish knuckleheads). I want to point out that thousands of properly polite QSOs happen for every one Butt head we have on the air.

I wish all the energetic Pro-code old timers over here would expend half their energy searching out these Idiots and getting the Official Observers (OO) to act on the first step to FCC enforcement.

Thankfully these poor ambassadors are few. And after a fashion many of them do get a notice or two. Once in a while, our FCC will actually do an enforcement action. For those few of us that require fear of the law to modify behavior, several Hams will be more careful on the air if they have faith the FCC is on the job.

There are still a majority of us that do not require knowledge of enforcement actions, or fear of conviction to act properly. Some folks have the capability to do the right thing all the time because they are just wired nicely and not self centered. We do have many more good than bad. But the Bad does stick out for the whole world to see. Shame on them!

Later this year or early next year when the FCC gives me my "Free" General or Extra License I would like to have a Phone contact with you as my first ever DX. Perhaps we will exchange more than weather, location, antenna, rig info.

I wonder how many of my countrymen will catch on that you reached across the "pond" and snatched our shorts down to our ankles, pointed your finger at us with mirth and glee to expose our ugly back side?

I predict some negative reaction to this new direction on the thread topic, and perhaps it will help toward the magic 500 page count (not my dream, just doing my bit to help)

2. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Yes....and the organisms that were our predecessors through the evolutionary chain had to know how to survive as well.

3. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Reminds me of a woman I once knew.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    I was trying to make a Point in another Thread and posted my attempt at Humour with it to make the post a bit lighter!
    Here is the Original post to give you an Idea......

What I do Not understand is Why some people Suck up to others that look Down on them because they do not know code or have a different Amateur Licence??

No one Has Anything to Prove to Anyone else.
    If you have taken the Time to go on a Training course and take an Amateur Radio exam and then have a Licence, You are then a Radio Amateur, Period!

By sucking up to those who look Down on you, It Only then Boosts their Ego and makes them feel Special in their Sad little Lives! The ones who have Not Achieved Anything and Regard their Amateur Licence like some sort of University Degree?

The one thing we ALL have in Common is that we Are Radio Amateurs and are EQUAL when it comes to Communicating via Amateur Radio.

Your Licence Only allows you to have more choices that will depend on How YOU want to Operate as a Radio Amateur?

I Hope this makes things more clear?
    73s de Samantha 2e1dau

Edit:
    The Last (Original) Post in the Nprm Thread!! 73

5. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

At least a half a million times over it seems.
    I'm just waiting to see what the FCC decides to do on the NPRM concerning the code requirment, so we can have another free for all on a different thread.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

All things taken in context I think the following sums it all up. Hope you enjoy the read :

THE HAM PRAYER

Lord, thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.

Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs.

Make me thoughtful but not moody; helpful but not bossy. with my vast store of wisdom it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest Lord that I want a few friends at the end.

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me the wings to get to the point. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of other's pains, but help me to endure them with patience.

I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessing of cocksuredness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others.
    Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a Saint - some of them are so hard to live with - but a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the Devil.

Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.

AMEN

73 Howard G7XYZ

7. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

A question for you electronic whizzes out there:
    Whats the difference between a resistater, an inducer, and a capacitater?

8. W4ASS

W4ASS Guest

im a no -code tec , but studuing the gen writen and the code , some " new hams" r saying im wasting time , i dont think so , its a mistake if the do away with the code.. not as new to ham as lic. says , let my other license expire ( n2pvv) my loss , but making up for it , they should leave the 5wpm at least

if the cb'ers want to get into ham radio . let them study like the rest of us have done or r doing , even split the band , u want to go on higher bands take the 5wpm

9. Guest

Guest Guest

What Happened?
    Is this thread unfrozen again? lol
    73s

10. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

"The FCC still may not drop Morse as a requirement" OR "it will be years until they finally do". HAAH!!  YEAH RIGHT!!  You guys are a riot. Living in your little dream worlds for sure.  Hurt'in for certain. [​IMG]

11. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Yeah baby......headed for the big "500".

12. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

In about 86.8 days, if it only gets about 2.5 posts a day (as it does now). That should work out to 5000 posts a few days before New Year's Eve.

13. W7HN

W7HN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have decided to include, following my call, CW20, in all correspondence involving ham radio.  This is to promote the importance of CW in ham radio, recognizing that I have been tested and successfully passed the 20wpm CW level.  Like many fellow hams with over 30 years of experience in amateur radio, I find CW is a very effective way to communicate, especially in very difficult conditions.  I would like to see a system established within the ARRL, to recognize CW competence for levels of 5, 13, 20, 30, and 40wpm capability, similar to the VE testing system currently established.

14. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Dream on

15. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No difference. They were the nicknames of some of my teachers in highschool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.