ad: elecraft

A Video History of Ham Radio HF Rig Visual Design—Military to Modern

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8QS, Sep 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8QS

K8QS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good point about the length of the video. As we are working on others, we are going to try to move them along more quickly. Hard for me, as an academic (Piled Higher and Deeper). Q

2. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah... Great comedy often challenges boundaries and is misunderstood. Back when I was doing broadcast radio on KBOI, I often had fake "sponsors" as part of the lighter content of the program. My show wasn't 'scripted' but I was acutely aware that my odd sense of humor could easily offend, so things like the phony ads and PSAs were prerecord, programmed into the bumps and -always- ran past my producer first.

3. K8QS

K8QS Ham Member QRZ Page

KI7HSB likes this.
  4. W2JBL

W2JBL Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice but other thatn the "cover photo" they ignored the first 50 years of Ham radio- 1900 to 1950. Would have been nice to see the history of manufactured rigs from a hundred years ago.

PU2OZT likes this.
  5. WB9AVW

WB9AVW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice run thru on rig evolution's..

I think you should of included the KMW-380 in the mix.

6. K0IP

K0IP Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW, you two guys should turn your computers off and burn your cameras.. 52 minutes of my life totally wasted.. Who really wants to know what you think ???
    I'm waiting for a radio that has a pop-up "at a boy" flag that waves furiously after every FT-8 contact..

Really people........ I am almost sure that psychiatric help is available, but I fear it's too late !!!
    sorry guys, BUT you are just like the bulk of the ""u tubers"" MOSTLY USELESS..

10-4

now does anyone want to know what I think, ( a rhetorical question) Because what I think is probably as stupid as these two experts in design and ergonomics....... good grief

again 10-4 goooooooood buddy

humor or not, a waste.

I cant wait to see what the ugly'est radio is ,

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  7. KI7HSB

Dayum dude, who crapped on your cupcakes?

AJ6KZ likes this.
  8. KI7HSB

Already seen the pranks episode... Humor only a ham, or an engineer would appreciate. :)

If you are interested, I will be adding to the tower project story in the next day or so. It's finally making progress and I hope to be on the air in another month or so.

PU2OZT likes this.
  9. VK6HIL

VK6HIL Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the answer to that is a resounding no FFS.

Better than the many Amateur radio videos which are invariably some idiot shouting into a mic with his chat buddies egging him on.

AJ6KZ and PU2OZT like this.
  10. K8QS

K8QS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good call on the 380. Q